Switching Resorts mid-trip

Mrollinsiv

Earning My Ears
I'm headed down for marathon week and am booked for Carribean beach. Due to the construction, I'm looking at possibly moving mid-trip. Does Disney make this easy? Will they come to the room when I'm not there, collect my bags and move them to a new room in a new resort, then alert of new room number?

Bell services will not enter your room to collect your bags if you are not there. The only time your bags arrive in your room w/out you is when you arrive from the airport and use DME.

So then is it best to organize a time or just call the front desk when I'm ready to have the bags picked up?

On the other end, once picked up, will they deliver to the new room when I'm not there?

You drop your bag off at Bell Services & they will get sent to new resort. If you have done online check in you will be text your room # when it is ready and can get in with your magic band, then call bell services to bring to your room.

So then is it best to organize a time or just call the front desk when I'm ready to have the bags picked up?

On the other end, once picked up, will they deliver to the new room when I'm not there?

The most efficient way is to call bell services the day prior to your moving day and schedule a pick up time. We've done a lot of split stays, always done that and have always had bell services arrive 5 minutes before the scheduled time. Scheduled pickups take precedence over calls that morning. If you wait until the morning of, you could wait as much as an hour or more for them to get to you. They will give you claim tickets for each of your bags. If you have anything that needs to be refrigerated, just let them know and they'll store it in refrigerated areas.

Once they pick up your bags you are free to go about your business for the day. You will not have access to your bags until they arrive at the new resort - typically between 3 and 4 pm.

Bell Services will not, as a rule, deliver your bags to your room if you are not there. It occasionally happens if the bell services crew have nothing else to do and your room is ready, but it's definitely not normal. You have to call from your room to have bags delivered - or you can pick then up from Bell Services yourself.

Remember to tip on both ends.

Its really very easy.

Steve

We do it often as our party size increases/decreases during the trip so we upsize/downsize!

Keep in mind that even though you are moving from one Disney resort to another Disney will see it as two completely separate reservations/stays. You will have to check out and check in when you move and like pp's mentioned bell services will move your bags for you but it is your responsibility to get them to and from bell services. Don't expect your bags to arrive at the new resort until at least check in time.

Thanks for advice. Finally, a standard room opened at Coronado for all but the first night of my trip so I reserved that and a preferred for the first. Hoping that soon enough the entire tip will appear otherwise, I'll just downgrade from preferred to standard which should be easy enough.

Thanks for advice. Finally, a standard room opened at Coronado for all but the first night of my trip so I reserved that and a preferred for the first. Hoping that soon enough the entire tip will appear otherwise, I'll just downgrade from preferred to standard which should be easy enough.
You may need to change rooms since they are 2 different categories. When I stayed at Pop for a last minute booking, there was only preferred available. At check in I requested a refurbished room but those were only in standard rooms and the CM couldn’t downgrade me even if I said I didn’t want a $$ refund, just a nicer room.

Yeah I'm perfectly ok with switching rooms. Happy to be with the rest of my group in Coronado and not siphoned off in Carribean.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter