Switching Party Members

HitbyaDumpTruck

Patiently waiting for my first cruise to set sail.
I wanted to how hard it was to switch out people in my party. I have a Cat 2 booked for December 2010 for 5 people and even though it's a long way off, there is a chance that my mother may be too ill to go. :sick:

While we hope that's not the case, she wanted to know if it would be hard to have her sister,my Aunt, to go instead.

How much advance warning does DCL need?

Thanks!

As long as your mother is not the lead person on the reservation it is not hard to switch a passenger. It get's tricky with adding kids, but an adult for an adult is easy.

If her mother is the oldest person on the reservation, won't she be the lead by default?

No, the lead person is the person who made the reservation. Another way is to add your Aunt to the room and then after a couple of days remove your mom.

Cat 1-3 have different rules than the lower categories. I believe cancellation penalties kick in 90 days prior to sail date for concierge levels. I'd try to make any changes prior to that if at all possible. You might be able to get DCL to waive cancellation/change fees if it's just a name change, but I wouldn't count on it.

I hope your mom's health improves so she is able to sail with you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter