Switched Skipper Canteen for LTT.. Mistake or nah?

To me, it's a mistake. Liberty Tree is what most people eat for Thanksgiving. BORING. (I clearly don't really get excited about turkey and dressing - even gluten-free dressing.)

Skipper's is amazing and has a variety of things - plus everyone can get what they want rather than "this is what you get". I've never had a bad meal there. (And there is really no set expectation that servers "behave" a certain way. Not like at Prime Time where schtick is expected.)

That has always been my biggest issue with Liberty Tree. My wife and I make everything on the menu at home. We went there once and realized we also make it better... which I mean shouldn't be shocking as their food is about as standard as you can get. I always had the feeling the people who have their mind blowns by it don't come from the midwest / south. Perhaps maybe foreigners and people on the west coast? :teeth:

But in all honestly it's "good" but like you said nothing exciting. Having a turkey dinner as one of your TS meals in WDW seems odd to me. Skippers WAS amazing the first time I had it and was at the top of my list this time. But we ate there last week and it was not as I remembered. The waitress although nice went on and on about her hearing and Covid antibodies. If I remember correctly the last time our waiter was pretty fun.

I don't know where I am going with this.... lol

SC has an amazing whole snapper and of course, adult beverages (rare in MK). Our kids (7, 11, 14) love the kids menu as well. Have fun!

SC has an amazing whole snapper and of course, adult beverages (rare in MK). Our kids (7, 11, 14) love the kids menu as well. Have fun!

That is my one issue with Skipper's. They should have a "We like to see fried eyeballs" section and a "Please no nastiness" section. LOL.

Thankfully the distancing makes it less likely to have one of those directly next to you.

We did not like Skippers Canteen at all. Probably will never go back. We did not like the food! Everything else was fine.

I kinda love both. But I haven't been on property since Feb. 2020. 😭 Next trip is in about 3 weeks. Can't wait. 🤪

Anyway, I loved the old menus at both.

The steak salad at Skipper Canteen is amazing. I love it so much I make a redneck home version.... But I don't see it on the current menu. Mouse, I'm so angry with you right now..... why do you have to disappoint me right now? What are the slightly overheated, mildly overweight, somewhat middle aged women supposed to eat????

The current Liberty Tree menu has all the good stuff - house salad, toffee cake, turkey and taters.... I might have to snag a reservation if they bump up the hours while we're there.
Lol!
That steak salad is my favorite dish in all of WDW. The steak salad, the chachapas(sp?), and a red sangria and I'm all set. We sometimes go a few times each trip!

My family and I love LTT. So if I had to choose between Skippers and LTT. LTT would win hands down.

I am having a hard time with sit down meals for our upcoming trip. Our tried and true have changed menus, and I have a very picky kid who doesn’t eat normal picky kid food! We were going to try Skippers Canteen but I don’t think so after this. I used to love LTT for lunch when you could pick what you wanted, but I don’t like the family style meal, so it’s a no for us. We may end up with just quick service....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter