Switched from FD, is it a good deal?

bonadori

Earning My Ears
So, I was originally booked at POFQ with free dining/visa (two adults), then after reading online yesterday about the room only discounts and how they can workout to be cheaper than FD depending on time and resort choice...I called just to get some quotes.

We were paying 1,818 at POFQ/king bed room (with insurance and FD).

We upgraded to AKL/Standard view with the room discount and added the dining and tickets with park hopper (like we had) and are paying about 200 more (with the insurance). When we got the quote it seemed liked a pretty good deal...of course I am not sure how it actually breaks down..

Now I am second guessing myself. About 200 more for a deluxe...

If I had to guestimate, I would say that the deluxes run about $60-$75 more per night than the mods.

So it sounds to me as though you did well.

Two hundred more for the AKL is a great deal if you are staying for 5 days or more. You don't say how long your stay is. AKL is a beautiful resort and with the animals and great restaurants there, it is a good choice.

Laurie

So, I was originally booked at POFQ with free dining/visa (two adults), then after reading online yesterday about the room only discounts and how they can workout to be cheaper than FD depending on time and resort choice...I called just to get some quotes.

We were paying 1,818 at POFQ/king bed room (with insurance and FD).

We upgraded to AKL/Standard view with the room discount and added the dining and tickets with park hopper (like we had) and are paying about 200 more (with the insurance). When we got the quote it seemed liked a pretty good deal...of course I am not sure how it actually breaks down..

Now I am second guessing myself. About 200 more for a deluxe...

Thanks!

We are staying 5 nights and have 6 days of park hopping!

Laurie--I see you are from Stroudsburg! I am in NJ now, though I grew up in ES!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter