Switched December Ressies From GF to WL

travellady

If only the world could be like WDW every day!
I just couldn't see paying almost double for our upcoming December trip and after reading the Mousesavers best value resort write up posted the other day, I thought why not, I'll go ahead and make the switch from GF to WL.

The only reason I haven't stayed there in the past is I live in the Northwest and the resort reminds me so much of the lodges I stay in around here. But, the reviews are great, and from what I've read, it appeals to me. In fact, I am not really the Grand Floridian type - we are laid back Northwesterners so maybe this will be the right place for us.

We stayed in the Poly and CR during spring break and though we liked both, we actually liked the CR more. I was considering staying there again in one of the garden rooms but I also like to try new things. And, we've stayed at AKL, liked that a lot, but want to be closer to the Magic Kingdom as my son and I like to hop over there in the evening when my husband kicks back in the room to relax.

Anyway, I hope I made the right decision - it just seems too far away. Now back to planning my summer vacation cruise...

I prefer the GF 11 months of the year, but the WL is my favorite resort at Christmas. You'll love it.

Isn't it funny how people differ? We decided not to stay at WL because it was too much like home... it would be like being at Timberline to us. I hope that you have a great trip.

Enjoy!

The WL at Christmas is just sooo cozy! I think you will love it!

WL vs. GF?? Now there's a decision!!:teeth: You couldn't fail with either. WL is going to be fabulous and your son will LOVE it! Congratulations:bounce: (But do give GF a try sometimeprincess: )

I've never stayed at either. We will be there this Dec. I've been debating on GF or WL for the decorations. Have DS8 DD4 DD2 thought being on monorail might be better for us. I just can't decide between the two.

Honestly, it wasn't a super easy decision and as Davids-Coco mentions, it's so much like home for them . I felt this way too but at the same time, it does look really nice, and does seem to be "Christmas-like", even when it's not Christmas.

The biggest factor in our decision was cost - we still wanted something nice but for less money. At the spur of the moment, we decided to take a cruise this summer so thought I'd cut back on our Christmas vacation - not completely but to a degree (I get 5 weeks vacation a year, and do like to travel, but for a reasonable cost when possible). WL Woods view is actually 455.00 less than the garden view room at GF we had reserved. And, I do have an AP so if rates do come out for AP holders, I'll still stay at WL but with an AP rate. 455.00 can buy a few Christmas gifts.

Someday we'll stay at the Grand Floridian I suspect...

Wow! 5 weeks of vacation, a cruise, and a christmas trip! I want your job. It must be increadably nice to have lots of time to travel... even if there isn't always money to go full blown vacationing.

I should add that sometimes that feeling of home can be comforting... my husband is really looking forward to our meal at Artist Point because he will be able to eat buffalo (which he loves). I think I am the only Northwest person who doesn't eat much salmon some days! But the food will definately be a comfort!

I love where we live, travellady. We are all so fortunate... although the rain can be a little much. And I hate going downtown on a day like today - Grand Floral Parade! Uh, traffic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter