Swimming in December?

kaytieeldr

DIS Veteran
I may be talking my "if there's no beach, I'm not going!" brother into his first trip to Las Vegas - wish me luck!

Which Strip properties keep one or more pools open through the winter? Are there any that allow outside guests to use the pool for a fee? Thanks!

haha, good luck with him! None of the outside pools are going to be open, it's cold in Vegas Dec. (or maybe comfortable, but def. not swimming weather)- don't know of any inside pools, you would think big hotels would have them, but they don't. I think most people find plenty of other stuff to do!! Haha, have fun w/him, sounds like he's gonna be a pleasure to travel with..

Not saying you will WANT to swim (it snowed in Dec in Vegas when we were there--avg highs in 50s)...but they are all heated. MGM, Golden Nugget are FOR SURE. Most major resorts will have at least one pool open. Call your resort to know for sure. Some do allow nonguests for a fee; again, call. www.lasvegasadvisor.com has some good pool info, but not complete. If you are staying at a resort, you can bring your brother in with you & vice versa. (no disrespect, but above post knows not of what they speak...we have done about 20 Vegas trips over the last 18 years!)

I have never stayed at any of the hotels you are speaking of (MGM or Golden nugget) but have gone many times in the middle of January (always to a Harrahs property) Caesars pools is closed for the season, Rio is completely drained, Harrahs closed, have never seen a pool open in January, Maybe Dec. is a little diff. but if they were "Heated" I'm sure that Caesars would have a pool open- sorry, but respectfully, I think you are incorrect.

I suggest you call the hotels that you are actually considering staying at to see if they do have an open pool, none of the hotels I have ever stayed in have.

(realize this may only be ONE pool...the area may appear closed) They also are on shorter hours.
Bellagio
Caesars
Excalibur
Golden Nugget
Hooters
Las Vegas Hilton
Luxor
MGM/Signature
Mirage
Paris
Rio
Stratosphere
Venetian
Wynn
(this from the Las Vegas Insider, tho dated 1 year ago; it is possible a couple of these have adjusted since then, but likely mostly accurate; of course, next winter hours could change on a couple, also)

When I worked at Mandalay Bay, they always kept one of the smaller pools open during the winter. The beach area was always cleaned up and maintained during the winter - wave pool & lazy river drained & painted, etc., sand replaced, new stuff constructed. The one pool that stayed open always had people in sweats & track suits sitting on lounge chairs, wrapped in towels and blankets, reading books in the cold weather. Maybe December in Vegas is warmer that where they traveled from!

Are there any that allow outside guests to use the pool for a fee?
I'm not aware of any property where you can pay for a pool pass. When you consider that some properties have three and four thousand rooms, it would be crazy to allow others into a pool area when it's hard enough to accommodate their own guests.

I would guess that is mostly in the summer for the "parties" especially at the European pools. Additionally, Flamingo opens to the public at 2PM daily.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter