Swimming at CSR or other moderates in the winter months?

disney-super-mom

DIS Veteran
I've read conflicting reports about this, and since my family are big swimmers who spend a lot of time in resort pools when we vacation, I figured why not ask you all.

If anyone went swimming in the main themed pool at CSR recently (Nov, Dec, Jan), can you tell me if the pool is heated enough to make swimming enjoyable, or is the water temp just too chilly?

What about the other main themed pools at the other moderates.....how were the temps for swimming?

The pools are all heated. However its really too cold to be wet and walking around that time of year. So hanging out at the pool wont be too much fun, imho.

Thanks for the information Buzz and Stacy.:thumbsup2

We wouldn't go swimming if it was too cold outside, but we're coming from the Pacific Northwest, where it is COLD. A 65 degree, humid Florida winter day, is plenty warm enough for us to hit the pool.:goodvibes

I have a question - the just got back date Jan 2008 mentions construction at the main pool- I thought the other moderate pool was being worked on -

We have visited in Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb and have always made use of the pools while we are there...........nights can get chilly but the days especially in Nov/Early Dec are perfect!

Hi, we just came back from the POR (we were there from 1/1/08-1/12/08). The first couple of days it was FREEZING (temps were in the low 30s). However by the 6th, it warmed up to 50s-high 70s. I overhead the lifeguard telling another visitor that the water was heated to about 87. Anyhow, my daughter and I went swimming in the afternoon and was having a grand old time in the pool. The hard part was getting out of the pool for the slide. If I can wear shorts to the park, then I consider it swimming weather.

Mililani Mom

We've been swimming in the CBR main pool in early December and it was great! We're from New Hampshire though, so that could skew our opinion on acceptable swimming conditions a bit:lmao: We'll be back down in a week and a half and I fully intend to give both the Port Orleans and Beach Club pools a run for their money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter