swiffer dusters (on a stick)

Grumpy's Gal

DIS Veteran
Has anyone tried those swiffer dusters on a stick?

I am the first one to admit that I won't spend money on something un-necessary. I try to find the least expensive GOOD way to do things.

I got one of these as a sample off of the freebie thread (Thanks!) and I tried it. WOW! The first thing I ever had that would clean my 1" wooden blinds. It was amazing.......and disposable when done.

I am so impressed. I need to buy some. :cool1:

I love these and I just discovered Dollar Tree has them for $1.00 if you have that store in your area.

I also got one from the free sample. I hated mine!!! It wouldn't stay on the stick, and it kept bunching up. I don't think I cleaned anything with it!

I also got one for a free sample and have been hooked ever since. They are great for dusting quickly and does a thorough job. In this weeks coupons, there is a coupon for them 1.00 off (I think) and a 3.99 rebate on the starter set or refills. Another really good deal I can't pass up! :cool1:

I actually bought one and I love it. It was great for cleaning the ceiling fans. I haven't gotten motivated to dust much else...ok, I'm lazy, but they do work. I did have trouble getting the little bugger on there at first, but once I did, I loved it.

Rachel

I just completely love them!!!!! :cheer2:
I agree they are expensive but I also think worth it so I but cheapies of other stuff to make up the difference. Like dryer sheets, they all seem the same to me so I buy the Walmart brand.
Also I love the disposable toilet scrubbies where you buy the long handle and the scrubby looks like an octagon-I forget which brand they are. They are expensive too but make a yucky job quick and easy. :banana:

Lizzy2 said:
Also I love the disposable toilet scrubbies where you buy the long handle and the scrubby looks like an octagon-I forget which brand they are. They are expensive too but make a yucky job quick and easy. :banana:

I use the other disposable toilet ones which I got from my parents when they did a demo for them. They had a huge box full of them and of course most people didn't take them so they had lots left over. I probably have enough to last me a few years! It's awesome!

Rachel

I just got my freebie in the mail. The kids fought over it and dusted the entire house (at their arms reach level!!!) I have not bought another one yet but for me it is a great kids toy:rotfl2: I could not believe how much fun they had with it. My oldest even washed it and put it out to dry for tomorrow!!!:rotfl:

To think I paid money for toys and all I needed was a free duster!!!

lenzs4 said:
I just got my freebie in the mail. The kids fought over it and dusted the entire house (at their arms reach level!!!) I have not bought another one yet but for me it is a great kids toy:rotfl2: I could not believe how much fun they had with it. My oldest even washed it and put it out to dry for tomorrow!!!:rotfl:

To think I paid money for toys and all I needed was a free duster!!!

My son uses the duster too. He loves it! I highly recommend them for all parents to give to their kids for an easy chore ;)

I also got the freebie and fell in love with the duster. I love it for the computer keyboard and screen. It is also good for the quick dusting when you don't want to move all the objects on a surface. LOL yes, sometimes I am lazy.
I bought a whole box of them at BJ's.

I got mine through the freebie thread as well. I love it. It does such a great job on my wood blinds. We actually bought a kit from Sam's Club after we had used all the free Swifter had to give.

Love them. I use it with the expandable handle to clean off my ceiling fan as well. Since we have cathedral ceilings, it saves me from getting on a ladder to clean them.

I love 'em! They're great for cobwebs in the basement, and getting dog fur off my hard wood floors.

Anyone know if the Swifer Vacuum works well? We only have one room with carpet now, the rest are hardwood or vinyl and my current vacuum isn't meant for hard surfaces (I'm affraid it will damage the hard wood). I'd think they'd work great but don't want to invest the money until I'm sure I'll love it.

I got my first one through the freebie thread and brought a box shortly after that. I love them they work so well!

Funny you should mention...I JUST got mine in the mail and my dd, 7, is dusting the entire house with it. It's pretty grungy right now. I plan on getting some more asap. My whole house will stay dusted if I keep them in stock.

I know it defeats the purpose - but the swiffer my kids used and washed, it washed up nicely and they are dusting the house again!!!! I have to get more of these great toys!!!

summerrluvv said:
My son uses the duster too. He loves it! I highly recommend them for all parents to give to their kids for an easy chore ;)

Yup, I totally agree! My DS7 LOVES using the Swiffer Dusters and will dust all of my furniture willingly!! He even asks me if he can dust! (I think they work really well on the t.v., which gets dusty so quickly!)

:thumbsup2 I LOVE all these new cleaning gagets. I have to say..I am a sucker for the Carpet Flick, the Mr. Clean Magic Reach and the Dusting things. Esp. for cobwebs, I have the one with the extended handle and LOVE IT!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter