SWGE AP previews - Meet Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
...DH and i both have a training the week before, and he is starting a new project on mon the 19th, so we couldn't be gone from work longer than that. Our friends think we are crazy. 😏

You are among friends here. My coworkers think I'm crazy too.....and I'm not even telling anyone else, lol.

Definitely among friends! My coworkers think I'm crazy too - it's a 6hr drive for me but totally worth it! When I asked my boss if I could leave early on Friday the first thing she said was "Aren't you going to Disney at the end of the month?". I was like - Yep but this is special!!!😂

We fly in from uk on Friday 16th and decided it wasn’t worth it to not spend week at cost of flights so also doing Halloween party at MK and the dessert party at HS.
Very much an extra trip as we had 3wks in summer and have 3 booked in November.
Few friends think we are nuts but most folk are actually rather impressed.
Anyone els flying internationally to do the preview?
Monday 19th can’t come quick enough😉

Another quick tripper here. Flying down on the 20th added the Halloween party because why not, lol. DD is coming and only has 1 day left on her military ticket and being DVC gets us into the party at 2pm. With the military price of $61 it was a no brainer, plus its one of my favorite events. Got a 4:30 ADR for BOG which is DD’s favorite restaurant. After my preview on Wednesday morning (DD will stay at SSR and relax and do the pool) we’re heading to animal kingdom for the rest of the day. DD will meet me at DHS and then we’ll head off. Thursday our flight isn’t until 3:30 so we plan on hitting EPCOT for EMH. I can transfer a 1 day ticket we have sitting on someone else’s account to her if we can make it work.

Flying from Atlanta Saturday morning (8 am-9:20 flight). Car rental to TTC. Bus to DHS. 1-5 time slot at SWGE with Oga’s. FP for Star Tours 3:40-4:40. Hope to get Tier 1 day of FP for before time slot. Boat to Epcot to watch British Invasion show and get a Rose and Crown beer mug. Monorail to MK to watch fireworks and get popcorn buckets and Haunted Mansion march for wife and daughter. Spend night and fly home Sunday

I hope it's okay if I jump in here. I'm not looking to meetup, but there are no other threads for discussing AP preview plans! Dh and I are flying down Saturday morning (17th), preview time slot 9-1 (we chose Oga's for our add-on) on Sunday morning, then we leave Monday night at 5:25 (expecting DME pickup around 2:30).

Saturday evening: AK
Sunday morning: DHS
Sunday evening: MK
Monday morning: Epcot or possibly MK again

The only question in my mind right now is how long they will let us stay in the land on Sunday AND how long we will even WANT to stay there due to the heat and/or rain. Plus, will we be able to stay and do stuff? Or just stay and wander around but not do anything? If it's the latter, I'm sure we'll just be on our way. I don't want to intrude on others, but at the same time it'll be awhile before we come back so I'd like to really get my fill if I can.

My other question is just about how they will handle things on Sunday morning with it being EMH that day. We're staying at Pop, so we'd be eligible. I'm tempted to try to get a ride on TOT before we go for our GE preview. We weren't able to get FP's for it since we booked the trip so last-minute (that, combined with the reduced FP's during the refurb). Anyway, just pondering out loud about the logistics of everything.

Car rental to TTC. Bus to DHS.

This may be what you mean, but just FYI, there isn’t a bus from the TTC to DHS... the bus from MK to DHS picks up at the MK bus plaza, so you’ll have to take the Ferry or monorail across to the MK.

An alternative would be to park at TTC then walk over to Poly and take the DHS bus from there.

Sorry if that’s what you meant, just making sure!

This may be what you mean, but just FYI, there isn’t a bus from the TTC to DHS... the bus from MK to DHS picks up at the MK bus plaza, so you’ll have to take the Ferry or monorail across to the MK.

An alternative would be to park at TTC then walk over to Poly and take the DHS bus from there.

Sorry if that’s what you meant, just making sure!
Yep. I've been on transportation board to try to figure out best way to go.

Has anyone received their formal confirmation yet from Disney? I know that the original note said 3-5 business days before the event, so we should be there now. Would love to see what it says...

Can someone post a copy of the note (obviously black out the personal info).

Thanks!

Has anyone received their formal confirmation yet from Disney? I know that the original note said 3-5 business days before the event, so we should be there now. Would love to see what it says...

Can someone post a copy of the note (obviously black out the personal info).

Thanks!
I'm going 8/17 at the 9 am slot and haven't received an email yet

Can someone post here when they get the email and the instructions. May have to alter FP dining based on what it says.

Staying at Poly August 18 to 22nd. Preview 21st

I hope it's okay if I jump in here. I'm not looking to meetup, but there are no other threads for discussing AP preview plans! Dh and I are flying down Saturday morning (17th), preview time slot 9-1 (we chose Oga's for our add-on) on Sunday morning, then we leave Monday night at 5:25 (expecting DME pickup around 2:30).

Saturday evening: AK
Sunday morning: DHS
Sunday evening: MK
Monday morning: Epcot or possibly MK again

The only question in my mind right now is how long they will let us stay in the land on Sunday AND how long we will even WANT to stay there due to the heat and/or rain. Plus, will we be able to stay and do stuff? Or just stay and wander around but not do anything? If it's the latter, I'm sure we'll just be on our way. I don't want to intrude on others, but at the same time it'll be awhile before we come back so I'd like to really get my fill if I can.

My other question is just about how they will handle things on Sunday morning with it being EMH that day. We're staying at Pop, so we'd be eligible. I'm tempted to try to get a ride on TOT before we go for our GE preview. We weren't able to get FP's for it since we booked the trip so last-minute (that, combined with the reduced FP's during the refurb). Anyway, just pondering out loud about the logistics of everything.
I'm hoping for a day of ToT FP too. We booked last minute once they announced the preview dates and NOTHING was available from tier 1 on our day, Aug 21st. I mean, I did get a Star Tours FP but that's it. I do still love Star Tours! I'm curious what we'll be able to get done on our preview day. We chose Oga's. I'm also curious about opening day, Aug 29th. We may just roam the land and take it all in with 50,000 of our closest friends (I just made up that number). I couldnt get Savi's, Oga's, or Droid Depot on opening day, which may be a good thing as long as we can get in to the land

My first solo WDW trip and the first day of my second annual pass.

Flying in Saturday the 16th, flying home bright and ugly at 5 am on Monday the 18th.

Planning on grabbing a bite at Le Cellier on Saturday, then moseying around Animal Kingdom until bedtime

Sunday will start with Hollywood Studios. Depending on the line situation to get in with the passholder preview, I'll either be lined up all morning or trying to hit TOT, RnR and Star Tours. After the preview, I'll head over to Magic Kingdom to finish up the trip.

My priorities for the preview are to go to Savi's, if at all possible, and then to buy all the merchandise that I wanted at DLR but had been grabbed by scalpers. Hopefully the new 1 per person rule, as well as the passholder preview, will ensure everything I want is in stock.

Thank God for Southwest's two free checked bags. 1 bag of trip essentials... 1 bag of star wars merch!

Hi all - I checked with the Moderator who created the initial watch page for the previews, and got a thumbs up to create this.

If anyone is heading to the SWGE AP previews between Aug 17th and 21st, solo or not and wants to meet up with groups from their time slot, post your day and time slot here, and perhaps some of you can meet and experience the new SW area together.

(1 stands for Oga's, 2 for Savi's - not everyone mentioned Millenium Falcon, but I'll presume the majority of attendees are going to ride it.)
The List:

Aug 17
9 to 1:
Haley R (1), Ferrentinos (1), ambellina (1), KayKayJS (2), JediStitch (1), JayLeeJay (1), bernina, Chrisoxcollector, wareagle57 (1)
11 to 3: JulesMD, DVC4US (1), beesly (1), astarrysea (1), Rickat96 (2), TresGriffin (1), kmrobins03 (1), Ericandus
1 to 5: fiveminutes (1), vinotinto (1), krrrristen (1), behindthegossip (1), AngiTN (1), Dis4Life10 (2),
ReginaMBK (2), Suejacken, Disneylover99, Friendlyadvice2 (1), StephenM84, Three11hex (2), focusondisney (1), Laura's Dad (1), jedipenguin (1)

Aug 18
9 to 1:
maccagerl (1), bizeemom4, zgirls (1), marciemi, mikat (1), nycDis (1)
11 to 3: Trinitys Ghost (1), SRuscitto (1), saraslay
1 to 5: tstein12 (1), always (1), Kristen 5now3r (2), Turksmom (1)
5 to 9: OhhBother (1), xoalexo, ssdeverell, MusicalAstronaut

Aug 19
9 to 1:
diablobird (1), DrFacilier (1), MouseMamaToMany (1), N.Lo (1), jennie622 (1)
11 to 3: GaSleepingBeautyFan, karrit2000 (1), mikeamizzle, lauradisneymad (2)
3 to 7: cheshiregoofy (1), BarbLynnM, dismiss (1)
5 to 9: tarak (1), Ghost Hostess (1), Squirrel29 (1), Anotherdropintheocean, TISHLOVESDISNEY (1), drwitz (1)

Aug 20
9 to 1:
tlmadden73, fla4fun
11 to 3: AGoofykindagirl (1)
1 to 5: NWasikWare (1)
3 to 7: WDWGeek1971, Ladyfish77, Gehrig1B (1)
5 to 9: Zeus'Headache (2), MyView (1)

Aug 21
9 to 1:
Ivy Lexi (1), dragitoff, The13thLetter, princessfionasmom, SoloDWGuy (1), armerida (1)
11 to 3: JPM4 (1)
1 to 5: LindaOwl1
5 to 9: Shelleyfs (2), Soph&HanMom, LuigiSpice (2), ksromack (1), Allybaster (1), jenmssmith (1)

Last person added as of 8/8: jedipenguin and am up to Page 18 (marker for TG to keep up)
I will be there on 8/20 for the 9-1 time slot. I am very excited!!

I am totally not complaining but flying in on the 21st our Frontier flight was $68 each for one way....yesterday I looked and we could have flown this same flight for $28 IF I had waited to book it. No way I would have waited to book but the two of is could have flown for less than the price of one! No way would dh drive that 15 hour trip from StL for 1 day!
Same happened to us-I was able to change our seats. When I booked initially, the cheapest were $16/$17 each. The price dropped to $5/$6 for better seats, so I switched and received an $82 credit for a future flight.

Maybe a little bit irrelevant, but has anyone had success/heard about success with changing a person on the reservation? My friend and I are on a reservation and he decided he wasn't renewing, so he won't be eligible anymore. Was gonna see if I could change him out for another AP. Any word?

Maybe a little bit irrelevant, but has anyone had success/heard about success with changing a person on the reservation? My friend and I are on a reservation and he decided he wasn't renewing, so he won't be eligible anymore. Was gonna see if I could change him out for another AP. Any word?

Based on the confirmation email, no modifications to reservations are allowed, and reservations are nontransferable.

For those of you attending a 9am preview, what time are you arriving? The park opens at 9am on my day. Not sure what time we should plan to arrive....

Our preview date is also Aug 17, 1-5 pm, and I haven't received the email with the "instructions."

My only plan is to watch Illuminations at 9 pm that same day. We don't looove Illuminations but since it's going away, we'll watch.

It's too bad that you can't move around at Oga's. That would be the best meeting spot. I'm going as R2D2, my DD is Disneybounding as C3PO, and my DH and DS are re-using their Imperial officers outfits from the Rival Run. If you see us, say hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts