Sweet 16 on the Disney Dream

MickeyMancuso

Dream BIG
So, family of five: check
3 days pre cruise at DVC Animal Kingdom: check
2 days post cruise at DVC Bay Lake Tower: check
Oldest Daughters 16th Birthday: Friday at Castaway Cay.

I am looking for ideas and suggestions...I know, shouldn't a cruise be plenty? But, all of us are getting that, and you only turn 16 once! We are still planning a "friend party" at home...but want to make the day AWESOME.

OK you party planners???? What do you think?
(We are experienced Disney Cruisers...just trying on ideas)
End of February cruise?:cool1:

Talk to your Head Server, he/she will help you make it special at dinner after CC.
If you have any decorations for the room, get with your room steward and request him/her to put them up for you while you are on CC.
Happy b-day!

Which cruise are you on? I'm thinking maybe the cruise meet board might be a good start - the others could maybe each give her a card. I know it's not much, but would be a great remembrance. We're on the 2/24 Dream, and I think it would be fun. I can just imagine her finding ALOT of cards waiting for her. Every family member could give a different one. Just a thought :confused3

My daughter turned 13 and 18 on the cruise. For her 18th birthday, last year, we did 6 days at WDW and then the 7-night Eastern Caribbean cruise. Since she had turned 18 I let her get a massage and while she was doing that I had brought a small air compressor and inflated ALOT of balloons for the room. I had also had a banner made that said "Happy 18th Birthday XXXXXXX" and it had a crown on it and I hung that up in the room even though the room was already decorated when we boarded by our TA. I had also had a few gifts for her and dispensed them to her throughout the day. Her favorite one was something I got in the gift shop which was from Precious Moments (she's been getting those since she was born) and it was Ariel with the ship in her hand (you can only get it on the ship) and I gave her that at dinner when she arrived from getting her hair done. They also gave her a cake at dinner that night.

I'm sure whatever you do will be very special for her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter