• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Swan Vs. Dolphin

Pittfarm

Earning My Ears
We stayed at the Dolphin on our last WDW vacation and loved it. I didn't realize that there was such a price difference between the two. I've read that the Swan's rooms are smaller. Does anyone know why it is more expensive? Is it just different ownership?

I think that the Swan has queen beds whereas the Dolphin has doubles. The Swan has also completed its refurb whereas I believe the Dolphin is still being updated. It may also have to do with the number of rooms. I believe the Dolphin has twice as many as the Swan. The hotels are both Starwood managed.... steve c

I currently have ressies at the Swan for April '04. I found that the Swan was about $30.00 less a night (with Ent. rate). We are paying $197.40 per night at Swan vs. $227.46 per night at the Dolphin! I had always thought that the Dolphin was supposed to be less?:confused:

I used the link from Dreams Unlimited on the Dis home page--it allows you to check availability and different rates. BTW...the AP rate was higher than the Ent. rate--thought that was kind of strange too!

Goofyfordisney: Those rate are just for room only, correct? Is this a standard room? Are you going to purchase UPH or PHP? Does anyone know what the best location at the Swan to see the fireworks etc?

Yes...these are room-only rates--Standard view. We are SPG members, so we might be able to get an upgrade. We never are in the room much, so I'm not as concerned about the view.

We haven't decided what type of passes to get yet. We will only be there 4 days (after our cruise) so we just want to be able to hop to the major 4 parks--I don't think we will do any waterparks.

Have fun planning your trip!
Sue:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter