Swan vs Dolphin at Christmas week

Boardwalk Tigger

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have an opinion as to which of these resorts would be better to stay at during Christmas week. I am coming in on Dec. 27th for a week with family. I have stayed at the Dolphin twice before in the summer and generally prefer it to the Swan because the rooms are a little larger and I like the look and activity of the Dolphin . However I know the Swan has been recently renovated with those heavenly beds:) and they are only now starting the Dolphin. Any idea of how long it took to renovate the Swan? Any thoughts in the general room condition of the Dolphin as it exists now ? Which resort is nicer at Christmas? Thanks so much!

The Swan has queen-size beds and the Dolphin has double beds, so I'd pick the Swan any day.

I remember the large (very tall - soaring is a better description) Christmas tree in the lobby is constructed from red pointsetta plants.

I agree with *********** - which bed size do you want and do you wish to try the heavenly beds in the newly renovated Swan?
I've stayed at the Dolphin and I'm ready to try the Swan.

Renovations on the Swan have just finished. The renovations are schedualed to be finished by the first quarter of 2004. I think by Christmas, if you book early you should be able to request a renovated room :)

IMHO...the decorations are much better at the Dolphin for Christmas than the Swan(which is my fave resort) They have the huge Christmas tree with the train and gifts, plus Santa for pictures...the Swan is much more understated...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter