Swan or Dolphin with kids--Help!!!

tapcatt

Earning My Ears
My family(hubby, 7-year-old dd and 10-month-old ds) will be going down to Fla. for two weeks to see family, etc...can use the teacher's dicount for the S/D hotels, but am VERY confused about which one we should choose!!!!!
I have seen pictures of both of them, and really can't decide which one will give us more 'bang for our buck'. It's only for a four night stay, but I want it to be memorable for my daughter and nice for us!
Please any seasoned veterans out there...let me know your preference soon if possible...need to make the reservations soon so I can dream about our vacation-within-a-vacation!!!!

Lisa::MinnieMo & Family :earsgirl: :earsboy: ::MickeyMo

HELLO TAPCATT!!!!!!!!:wave2:

I ASKED THIS SAME QUESTION YESTERDAY AND ALOT OF THESE GREAT DISER ANSWERD IT ITS ON PAGE FOUR I BELIEVE UNDER SWAN AND DOLPHIN LOVERS YOU WILL FIND SOME GREAT INFO......BECAUSE OF THERE HELP I'M GOING WITH THE DOLPHIN AND ALSO LOOK FOR THE SWAN AND DOLPHIN QUESTION AND ANSWER THREAD THOSE GUYS ARE ALSO GREAT.:wave2:

With kids, I would pick the Dolphin. Tubbis buffeteria is there plus the theme pool is closer to the Dolphin. The washer and dryers are there too. The Dolphin Fountain (ice cream soda shop type place) is at the Dolphin.

We stayed at the Dolphin a year ago June and we thought it was great. The Swan seemed like more of a romantic couples place. Although of course, there are kids at the Swan and romantic couples at the Dolphin. But that was the impression that I got.

Maggie

Have to agree with the p.p. We stayed with our kids in October at the Dolphin and it is BY FAR their favorite hotel in Disney!!!! They loved the pools, ate at Tubbi's every morning for a "quickie" breakfast and stayed at Camp Dolphin one night while DH and I went to an adult dinner.

I loved having the laundry room close by, and used it twice. All of the Dolphin CM's were friendly and helpful.

Hope this helps!:D

::yes:: Yup, I vote for the Dolphin, too. I have stayed at both resorts but with kids go for the Dolphin for the already stated reasons.

With young kids, I would recommend the Dolphin. More restaurants, Tubbis and closer to the pool. ::MickeyMo

I stayed at the Dolphin last year with my kids and really liked it because you were closer to the pool. This year the Dolphin wasn't available on all of our nights, so we are staying at the Swan. They both are very nice and right next to one another. The Swan is a few steps closer to the Boardwalk.

I agree about the Dolphin! It is very handy to have Tubbi's downstairs.... We would do the Parks until lunchtime... Come back and either grab a PB&J lunch with fruit and nap or swim, lunch and nap.. DD couldn't get enough of those PB&J lunches!

I would agree the Dolphin would be the better choice as far as conveniences go. Conveniences like, being close to Tubbi's which is open 24 hrs, being closer to the grotto pool/children's pool area and even being closer to the Dolphin fountain. And, as another poster stated there are laundry facilities in the Dolphin. They also have an arcade and Camp Dolphin is available for babysitting services.

I would though, if you can, request a room on the west side of the hotel to have closer access to these amenities. It is a pretty good walk from the east side of the resort.

I do want to add though, the Swan is also just fine for children. It has a more "initmate" feel to it since it is smaller and we have a little more of a preference to the Swan because of that reason. We've been taking our almost 6 yr old dd since she was 2 and we have stayed at both the S/D numerous times with her and she's loved both. We do switch back and forth a lot.

Of course all of the Dolphin's facilities are available to you if you're staying at the Swan too. The Swan also has a characater dinner every night at Gulliver's and character meals at the Garden Grove (which is really the same restaurant) on the weekends. Palio's is very Kid friendly (even though it seems more "adult"), the servers we've had there have been extremely great with our dd. And, of course you could dine there if you stay at the Dolphin too.

We've stayed at these resorts more than 10x in the past few years. Please feel free to email me if you have any questions!:teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter