• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

swan/dolphin

Both the S/D are at the top of our list for favorite WDW resorts!!
:p :p :p :bounce: :p :p :p

I am Natalie's mommy! But, not related to Natalie's daddy per this board! :) We absolutely loved the Swan and came back about two weeks ago. You'll love it! I know my Natalie did!

Debbie

PS>> have seen that handle here before, and it always caught my eye because of the name!

Us too! We will be staying at the Dolphin for the first time. Thanks for sponsoring this board.

The Swan has become my second residence. ;)

Hi all, my first time considering S/D, can you answer some questions:

do all rooms have a balcony
what is the extra $10 svce chg all about
do they have a quiet pool or just grotto pool
do you prefer one resort over the other

thanks for any help you can give

I will be staying at the Dolphin for the 3rd time next June.......gotta call pretty soon for my ressies!!!:cool: :bounce:

drusso>>
do all rooms have a balcony
No, infact club level rooms do NOT have balconies

what is the extra $10 svce chg all about
It is a resort fee; coffee, newspaper, health club, free high speed in room net access. Think of it as a regular room rate charged at a lower tax rate. Calling it a resort fee puts it at a lower tax. If they charged 10 more dollars per room it would still be a great rate over the other deluxes for what I think is a much nicer room. (though many on this board will differ, we're all different and that is what is great about this board!)

do they have a quiet pool or just grotto pool
They have a quiet pool
do you prefer one resort over the other
The Swan is completely renovated, so that might make someone sway their decision towards the Swan if you were leaving on vacation soon. They are both so close to each other I think of them as one and the same. We ate at both establishments with a shorter walk to them than a walk to a Disney foodcourt at another resort. I have only stayed at the Swan, but will stay at either on my next stay.

Enjoy your stay!
Debbie :)

Thank you Debbie. My trip is scheduled for August, think I will try to switch reservations today. With the excellent reviews on this board and the $$ savings I'd be foolish not to give it a try. Thanks again.

Hi - another S/D fan checking in! :) We stayed at the Dolphin last summer on the great teacher rate. We got CL and had a magical stay - the location is the best. We will be staying at the Swan (thought we would try those heavenly beds) in less than 2 weeks using spg cash and points promotion - another wonderful perk of the S/D stays!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter