• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Swan/Dolphin very full 1st week of Aug

ww52

DIS Veteran
I called last night out of curioisty to see what the room situation would be like the week we are going; turns out the Dolphin is sold out for three nights the first week of August, and the Swan is sold out for one night. Now there still could be cancellations, but I found that surprising, in that I figured the FTP would help fill the Disney resorts, perhaps at the expense of S/D. Looks like the parks will be crowded - I'm glad we're staying in such a great location - so near to Epcot and MGM.

The S/D could be full because of a convention. A convention wouldn't impact the parks much. I do know that school starts in FL the second week in Aug. I have no idea if that will impact the first week or not. Either way use fast pass and have a great time!

We will be at the Swan Aug. 3rd-11th, I will let you know when we get back how crowded it was.

Maybe the word is out that the Swan is a great place to stay.

As Muffy mentioned this may be due to a convention. The S/D are very popular convention resorts especially from August to November. Even in the slow month of September these resorts can be quite full.

The parks may be crowded at this time due to the time of year anyway. This is peak season at WDW and the FTP has been offerred during this time at most of the WDW resorts.

Try to start out early at the parks and head back to the hotel after lunch for a swim. (or even for lunch)-you can have lunch at the pool if you want:p The grotto pool is fun. We find the lap pools a little more relaxing:p Make sure to take advantage of the S/D's amenities:p

might be at the S/D for specific dates? A website or something?

FYI-our school in FL does not start back until the 3rd week in August. They really vary according to county.

FYI from another Florida school...ours starts back August 11.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter