• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Swan & Dolphin suites

KYTink

Earning My Ears
Has anyone rented a suite at the S or D? Are they more economical than a villa on property? Thoughts or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

We stayed in a 2BR Executive Suite at The Swan last year. The cost was less than a 2BR Disney Villa, but be aware that suites at S/D do not include Magical Express, do not have a kitchen (or even a microwave & you can't request them at S/D) and do not have a washer & dryer. None of those things was important to us, and we were pleasantly surprised at the size of the villa. It was 2BR, 3bath with a living/dining area & 2 balconies. It was immense compared to any of the 2BR Disney villas I've stayed in (BLT & Kidani). Even the largest 2BR Disney villa sleeps 9, while the S/D 2BR suite slept 12, and you could rent 3 rollaways if needed, so 15 total.

That does sound huge. Does the suite at least have a small fridge? I know regular rooms have those. I have no plans to cook a meal on vacation but would like the option of storing waters or milk/juice for breakfasts. Thanks for your info!

Yes - 3 small fridges & 3 coffee makers. I will try & find pics to post. They offer a few kinds of suites (Executive, Presidential, etc.) but none have a full kitchen.

069.jpg

This is the LR area - that is a king murphy bed - folds up into the wall when you're not using it (we left it down the whole time because we were using it). From where I'm standing in this pic, you enter this room from the left where there is a bathroom, and the entrance to a bedroom with 2 queens. The entrance to the 2nd bedroom, which had 1 king & sofabed) is to the right of the murphy bed.

Well wow! That looks very nice. 3 small fridges should be enough. I will definitely give this serious consideration. I stayed in a regular room in October for a conference and loved the Dolphin. The location can't be beat if you are an EPCOT fan like I am. Thanks again!

We stayed last year in a grand suite at the Swan over spring break! We loved it we had a sink area with tons of cabinets and a refrigerator in that part of the suite. Then a bathroom, TV area, dining table and closet. The other room was an adjoining room with a refrigerator and another bathroom and closet. There was so much room and it was very nice. We didn't have a balcony though. I think the Swan is a nice hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter