Swan (and maybe Dolphin) showing up on Hotwire

DianeV

DIS Veteran
It seems the Swan and maybe the Dolphin are showing up on Hotwire for around the first of the year and later. Maybe sooner but no one has posted it

2 people posted on www.betterbidding.com about getting the Swan for the first week in Jan. for $117 and $125 I think.

I checked for March 24-26 and get a hotel that looks to be the Dolphin for $104! We are deciding to take the plunge or not.

Just wanted to pass that on if anyone is interested. Read up on the website so you know how to match the amenities

Make sure you read the customer reviews. The Swan/Dolphin reviews talk about the great beds and bedding, as well as location. The Wyndham also has been coming up, but their reviews don't talk about bedding.

Unfortunatly with Swan/Dolphin they don't always put it as a customer fav and show the reviews.... (They do with the Wyndam and usually I can tell from either the spa or walk to DTD discussion.)

Can someone please explain to me how Hotwire works? Is it like Priceline, where you get whatever hotel happens to come up? I've used Priceline, but never Hotwire.
Thanks!!

Just a followup..when I went back today to book 2 rooms it was a higher rate. I had only put in 1 room last night and for some reason 2 rooms cost more then 1. Like $135 instead.

I plan to keep checking periodically and hopefully can get the 2 rooms for the lower price..however if someone only needs 1 room there seem to be deals out there

be careful for March we have been trying and it is showing the celebration as well. the swan was coming up at $196 for our dates, and celebration was cheaper.

make sure the icons are right before taking the plunge and you can always try two seperate bids for one room for the cheaper price.

I'll try to remember to check out hotwire the next time I'm able to take a trip to WDW (unfortunately, that'll be awhile though:( ). $104 is a great deal! I love the Dolphin.:cool:

I definitely made sure the amenities matched up..no spa listed which was a big help

hmm, i could only get $148 for those dates on Hotwire.
it is the dolphin/swan icon's however.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter