Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic?

mystery222184

DIS Veteran
We will be in Disney from Oct. 25th - Nov. 2nd and were originally going to pass on the F&W Classic as we wanted to try lots of Epcot F&W items and enjoy snacking at the Concierge Lounge at the resort. Now I'm starting to doubt that decision....:confused3

For those who have attended, in your view is it worth the extra $90pp for this event or would it be more enjoyable (or better value) to take the $180 between us and spend it on Epcot food/drinks? :thumbsup2

We did this event a couple of years ago. I felt it was a much better value than the EPCOT Party for the Senses. I skipped some of the food offerings as they weren't things I cared to eat but there were plenty of options. There was also plenty of Drink to be had. I did find it hard to get a table spot at times, sometimes you do need to be able to put your food & drink down in order to cut meat or such. Just like PFTS there are table hogs who won't share but there are plenty of others who will. The one negative is with this event being outdoors you are subject to the Weather. It was quite windy in some spots the night we attended so we found ourselves having to hang on to everything even though we were at a table at one point. the Wine glasses were just blowing over due to the wind. We were able to find an indoor spot to sit for a while at one point inside the Swan. On the other hand you can eat just as well strolling around World Showcase for the same money although that would only be all you can eat & drink until the money runs out rather than until the time runs out.

Thanks! That's where I'm unsure...I'm sure it would be fun but for $180 would it be MORE enjoyable to spend the extra $ in Epcot....Any more opinions would be much appreciated!

A bump for anyone who has attended this event to offer their opinion. There aren't as many reviews regarding this event as I expected. Thanks!

A bump for anyone who has attended this event to offer their opinion. There aren't as many reviews regarding this event as I expected. Thanks!

I haven't been - I'm in the same boat looking for more information. I did hear glowing things about this event from several years ago from the trusty DisUnplugged crew... Here are a couple of links.

Kathy's review of the first year's event (2010)

video podcast - Kevin and John review last year's event (2013)

I did try to link the video on youtube at the time that Kevin starts his discussion of this event (it's almost 31 minutes in, just in case my link doesn't work).

And finally, a link to the menu.

I am thinking of going ahead and purchasing Saturday causeway tickets. Does anyone know any details about the packages available from Swan and Dolphin? Not sure if I'm better off booking things separately.

I decided for the price to just splurge on dinner at BlueZoo. No issue of finding a table..weather doesn't matter...etc.

I haven't been - I'm in the same boat looking for more information. I did hear glowing things about this event from several years ago from the trusty DisUnplugged crew... Here are a couple of links. Kathy's review of the first year's event (2010) video podcast - Kevin and John review last year's event (2013) I did try to link the video on youtube at the time that Kevin starts his discussion of this event (it's almost 31 minutes in, just in case my link doesn't work). And finally, a link to the menu. I am thinking of going ahead and purchasing Saturday causeway tickets. Does anyone know any details about the packages available from Swan and Dolphin? Not sure if I'm better off booking things separately.

Thanks for the links! It does seem that everyone who has gone enjoyed it. I'm probably going to purchase Sat tickets as well, now if I could only find out about the new Beer Garden add-on!

Wish I could help. We are booked for a package at the Dolphin for both nights including the Beer Garden. I am really looking forward to it. My husband and I are meeting my sister and her husband for the 2 nights and then we all will spend a few nights at WDW to do the Epcot F&W. The past several years we have only spent time together for sad and/or emergency events. This is a welcome change!

I went two years ago. It was fine, but not something I will go out if my way to attend again. Lines for food were very long. I did like the fact that they would not let people pick up extra servings for the "table holders". (It was quite entertaining to watch grown adults whine about how they were not rewarded for being rude). The table holding was similar to PFTS.

Overall food was good, but it was hot and crowded. I might do it again, but only if it happened to work with my visit day. Would not plan a trip around this.

I went two years ago. It was fine, but not something I will go out if my way to attend again. Lines for food were very long. I did like the fact that they would not let people pick up extra servings for the "table holders". (It was quite entertaining to watch grown adults whine about how they were not rewarded for being rude). The table holding was similar to PFTS.

Overall food was good, but it was hot and crowded. I might do it again, but only if it happened to work with my visit day. Would not plan a trip around this.

I thought it was pretty fabulous, actually... and a great value! I understand about the table holders, but sometimes it is a necessity OCC. My DD was at a table in a cast. So I did all of the running for the food. The only one who would not serve me two plates was Shula's. After discussing it with them they agreed to follow me and carried two more plates all the way back to our table. He started out pretty smug... until he saw my daughter and started to apologize. The rest of the night one of the managers of the event served us food from all of the vendors. (I did not ask them to...)

So sometimes.... you never know why someone is trying to bring two plates with them. Could be legit! :thumbsup2

I thought it was pretty fabulous, actually... and a great value! I understand about the table holders, but sometimes it is a necessity OCC. My DD was at a table in a cast. So I did all of the running for the food. The only one who would not serve me two plates was Shula's. After discussing it with them they agreed to follow me and carried two more plates all the way back to our table. He started out pretty smug... until he saw my daughter and started to apologize. The rest of the night one of the managers of the event served us food from all of the vendors. (I did not ask them to...) So sometimes.... you never know why someone is trying to bring two plates with them. Could be legit! :thumbsup2

While I am glad that they helped you I hardly think that is a typical experience so others might not find it as fab. My friend hated it this year but I can't really figure out why.

We are still at WDW and I am heading to bed but wanted to say we did our first S&D F&W and LOVED it! Food was outstanding, lines short and most people very friendly and willing to share a table. Planning on going next year.

We enjoy the epcot event as well. Very different events.

Dw and I did both nights and thought it was awesome as well. I was a bit surprised that sat was more crowded mainly due to how cold it was but regardless it was a blast with great food,wine and beer. As far as seating goes we had no issues at all. They had extra tables around the pool near the swan that apparently a lot of folks didn't know about. Can't wait til next years event.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter