Swagbucks... ??? and making the most out of them

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
So I just started with the swagbucks... doing the survey's, so I am moving along... I have over 2000 in 2 weeks, is that good?

Now.... how can I use them to my full advantage... so my goals are for some GC's for stocking stuffers, and of course Disney Gift Cards...

Here's another question, once I decided to use my swagbucks to purchase gift cards... are they actual gift cards, you know plastic cards like you normally buy in the store? how long does it actually take to get them? and can you let them build up then buy few at once?

I am asking this as a neighbor and I were talking about this, and she is into sweepstakes, and belongs to any and every survey's group out there, she gets free stuff in the mail, and packages all most everyday.... she said that they would only be good for on-line purchase, not physical gift cards... is that right?
She was telling me how to hack or stack or something to get more discounts on the cards... Start by getting this GC, then use it on-line to buy this GC, then use this GC to buy the gift card that I really wanted.... she was telling me that it takes weeks and weeks to get the cards (4 to 8 weeks)

I was so confused by the end of what she was saying I had a headache :crazy2: ..

I would really appreciate any help and/or guidance you can give me... :thanks:

So I just started with the swagbucks... doing the survey's, so I am moving along... I have over 2000 in 2 weeks, is that good?

Now.... how can I use them to my full advantage... so my goals are for some GC's for stocking stuffers, and of course Disney Gift Cards...

Here's another question, once I decided to use my swagbucks to purchase gift cards... are they actual gift cards, you know plastic cards like you normally buy in the store? how long does it actually take to get them? and can you let them build up then buy few at once?

I am asking this as a neighbor and I were talking about this, and she is into sweepstakes, and belongs to any and every survey's group out there, she gets free stuff in the mail, and packages all most everyday.... she said that they would only be good for on-line purchase, not physical gift cards... is that right?
She was telling me how to hack or stack or something to get more discounts on the cards... Start by getting this GC, then use it on-line to buy this GC, then use this GC to buy the gift card that I really wanted.... she was telling me that it takes weeks and weeks to get the cards (4 to 8 weeks)

I was so confused by the end of what she was saying I had a headache :crazy2: ..

I would really appreciate any help and/or guidance you can give me... :thanks:

There's a thread here on the Budget Board dedicated to Swagbucks, what's working for people, and other questions and comments: Those using Swagbucks

To quickly answer some of your questions.

The gift cards you receive are e-gift cards, not physical gift cards. However, many retailers will allow you to print your e-gift card and use it in store. They usually take anywhere from a few days to just over a week to get.

As to gift card churning (what your neighbor was describing), the opportunity for that has decreased dramatically over the past year or two. Very few retailers allow purchasing gift cards with gift cards, and the opportunity to significantly increase the value of the cards you bought has almost disappeared. You can check out the Disney Gift Card Deals thread here, too, for the latest on any GC to GC purchases still working.

ETA: Both those threads contain a great deal of information that is now outdated. Start with the last 5-10 pages of each to get an idea of the current state of things.

There's a thread here on the Budget Board dedicated to Swagbucks, what's working for people, and other questions and comments: Those using Swagbucks

To quickly answer some of your questions.

The gift cards you receive are e-gift cards, not physical gift cards. However, many retailers will allow you to print your e-gift card and use it in store. They usually take anywhere from a few days to just over a week to get.

As to gift card churning (what your neighbor was describing), the opportunity for that has decreased dramatically over the past year or two. Very few retailers allow purchasing gift cards with gift cards, and the opportunity to significantly increase the value of the cards you bought has almost disappeared. You can check out the Disney Gift Card Deals thread here, too, for the latest on any GC to GC purchases still working.

ETA: Both those threads contain a great deal of information that is now outdated. Start with the last 5-10 pages of each to get an idea of the current state of things.

Can I use a e-gift card, in store to purchase regular gift cards? like a 50 dollar wal-mart e-gift card for a 50 plastic card? Or Target 50 dollar e- gift card, to buy Discount disney gift cards...? Or 10 dollar Starbucks e-card into Starbucks for a 10 starbucks reg. plastic gift card..?

My neighbor said the best route is to get Amazon e-gift card, then apply to you account, and then use to order regular gift cards... ?

Thanks for the links, I will check them out... I am so new to all this churning, hacking, stacking.... and whatever other terminology that is used...

Can I use a e-gift card, in store to purchase regular gift cards? like a 50 dollar wal-mart e-gift card for a 50 plastic card? Or Target 50 dollar e- gift card, to buy Discount disney gift cards...? Or 10 dollar Starbucks e-card into Starbucks for a 10 starbucks reg. plastic gift card..?

Probably not at the register. I’ve seen mixed reports of being able to do it at customer service. YMMV.

My neighbor said the best route is to get Amazon e-gift card, then apply to you account, and then use to order regular gift cards... ?

It’s best to confirm ahead of time if Amazon is selling the GC you want before you put too many eggs in that basket. Yes, you can buy some GCs at Amazon, but they tend not to sell GCs to retailers that they share market space with.

Thanks for the links, I will check them out... I am so new to all this churning, hacking, stacking.... and whatever other terminology that is used...

Swagbucks allows you to cash out for Paypal and virtual Visa cards which you can use to buy a large variety of other GCs if that’s your bag. Or transfer the PayPal to your bank account and use the money to just buy what you want. Sometimes it’s best not to overthink things.

Probably not at the register. I’ve seen mixed reports of being able to do it at customer service. YMMV.

It’s best to confirm ahead of time if Amazon is selling the GC you want before you put too many eggs in that basket. Yes, you can buy some GCs at Amazon, but they tend not to sell GCs to retailers that they share market space with.

Swagbucks allows you to cash out for Paypal and virtual Visa cards which you can use to buy a large variety of other GCs if that’s your bag. Or transfer the PayPal to your bank account and use the money to just buy what you want. Sometimes it’s best not to overthink things.

Thanks you.... So I get the gist of it now....

SB allows you to purchase a discounted $25 card every month. It unusually is a pretty good deal. Buy the card for someplace that you normally shop and when you use it put the $ that you would have normally spent in your Disney fund.

SB allows you to purchase a discounted $25 card every month. It unusually is a pretty good deal. Buy the card for someplace that you normally shop and when you use it put the $ that you would have normally spent in your Disney fund.

Not only shop at a store you normally would, see if it's a retailer at Swagbucks where you can get more points for your purchase online there.

I shop a lot at Walmart online. I order the $35 min for free shipping on items I would have bought any way. I pay for it with a Walmart gc I got free from Swagbucks. I make sure I shop through Swagbucks at Walmart. For that $35 order, I get enough new Swagbucks points for another $5 gc.

If you buy a gift card (as little as $5 at a Starbucks store) you can register it online and transfer your e-cards to this physical/plastic card.

:worship: Oh that's a wonderful tip... Thank you so much... One of the reason I am doing swagbucks is to use toward GC for Christmas and Christmas gifts... DD loves Starbucks, so this would work out so great for her... I wonder if you can do this with Target... its another one of her fav's.

I always get sb visa cards, i buy giftcards from diffrent discounted places.. giftcardwiki.com compares most of them. I have bought disney and disney store as well as restaurants that we go to on vacation and hotels.com cards some of them half off. Then the remainder of the card over .50 goes on my amazon account... go to refill Amazon giftcard in your amazon account.

I also take one 25 giftcard and use it back on
swagbucks deals... turn 25 in to much more

Go checkout the swagbucks thread

I cash out my sb to paypal. Then I wait for a good deal on the gift card I want (our grocery store occasionally does 10% off gift cards) and I use the money from paypal to buy gift cards at a discount. I have a separate checking account that is just for my online earnings so I transfer all of my pay pal money there so it is ready when I need it. I find it so much easier not to mess with the virtual visas, plus I don't have to worry about them expiring before using them.

I stopped Swagbucks, I just wasn't getting the same return and didn't have the patience. But I did use it for Christmas gifts for co workers and stuff, and usually I was able to go to customer service at the respective store and get it moved to a physical card. You usually just need the manager to override it. But I stopped trying to buy Disney gift cards with other store's gift cards too risky for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter