SWA

Pinnochio

DIS Veteran
Southwest flights from BDL (Hartford) to MCO (Orlando) used to be very reasonable.....now, not so much....what i used to get for $129 one-way nonstop now starts at $343....ONE-WAY....multiply that times four....ouch!!!:confused3

Seems very dependent on what dates you are flying. President's Day weekend for me was like that when I looked this morning, but as we are flexible later Feb/early March was more reasonable.

And a day later they have gone from $99/$109 to $163 each!

Last edited:
I booked PVD-MCO for February and saw the same prices- while the most expensive I've ever seen for our usual travel dates, still cheaper than JetBlue

Currently SW Pittsburgh to MCO on a Thursday at 7:15am non stop is $519 !!!

Last edited:
When are you going? When did you try to book? We are flying Bradley to Orlando in December. I booked on opening day with southwest and we are direct flying down for $139 and our plane stops in Baltimore coming home but we don’t get off and that flight was $109. (Flight home is 45 minutes longer than the direct flight to Orlando)

Since I’ve booked flights have both sold out and those available have doubled in price. I’ve been watching in case prices drop with their sales

I'd wait and watch for the weekly deals. It's about the time you give up when a sale shows up that is actually your route on your dates.

We book with points, so we just change the flight to the better deal and the points go back so there is no worry about losing money but you do have to watch the sales.

Ticket prices can vary for a lot of reasons. Known holidays tend to be busy travel days so the best prices/seats/routes tend to sell out quickly. Once the seats on a given plane at the lowest price category sell out, the fare jumps to the next higher price. For those dates, you are better off purchasing tickets as soon as you finalize your travel plans. Sales are less likely to be offered during peak holiday periods if planes are already full with those paying full price..

You may also have to travel with connections vs. non-stop or at a less desirable time of day if you wait too long to purchase your tickets. Living near a hub city where there are many flights and lots of competition tend to yield better prices. If you are flexible on your travel days, you might be able to find tickets at a lower price.

We have pretty much given up on SWA for our WDW flights from PHL. Pricing is high and non-stop flights are almost a thing of the past. We are booked on American for our September trip. Pricing was a bit better, assigned seats, better flight times, and one bag per person free using our Citi AA card. We almost always used SWA in the past for our WDW trips, but I can’t make a good case for doing so at this time.

We have pretty much given up on SWA for our WDW flights from PHL. Pricing is high and non-stop flights are almost a thing of the past. We are booked on American for our September trip. Pricing was a bit better, assigned seats, better flight times, and one bag per person free using our Citi AA card. We almost always used SWA in the past for our WDW trips, but I can’t make a good case for doing so at this time.
Yeah, I'm disappointed with SW coming out of Philly. It's not the same as it used to be. For my next trip, I'm driving to Baltimore to get on a nonstop.

We are almost equal distance from PHL & BWI. Always fly BWI as it is a hub for SWA. This sept, we are flying with points to Tampa bc it was much cheaper and renting a one way car rental. Prices were much cheaper heading home from MCO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter