SWA...How Long Should I Wait Before Requesting TTF Extension ?

wee-haggis

DIS Veteran
My TTF funds expire at the end of June and I cannot travel until the end of August.
When is the best time to call the Cust Service folk to ask for an extension?
Is the extension granted with no argument ?
Thanks

I would request it now . That way if not granted you have other options like selling or gifting to someone.

I have never heard of anyone being turned down but you just don't know.

make sure you call the the credit department and not regular custome service.

1-214-792-4223

Wee Haggis,
Keep in mind the LUV vouchers which provide a 6 month extension to your TTF's are only valid for 6 months from the day you request the extension.

Example: My TTF's were expiring 4/20/06, I was not going to travel until the 25th of April. I requested the LUV vouchers on Nov. 16th and received them on Nov. 25th. They expire May 31,2006. That works for me, because our next trip is April 25th. But if I had wanted to use them for our Aug. trip I would have needed to wait until at least the end of Feb beginning of March.

So, my point is if you don't know when you will be traveling again, request as close to the current TTF expiration date as possible.

Also, these LUV vouchers can be used to purchase airfare online now, so we can take advantage of cheaper fares (dings etc.) This is a new system, unlike in the past when vouchers had to be used to purchase tickets at the airport.

Hope this helps.
Deb

Thanks Deb we have never had to use the extension in the past 4 years.

I'll make a note to that on my SWA files.

Is this an extension for ticketless travel funds? I did not know this was possible. Who do you have to contact? I have some that need to be used by May 2007 but may not be flying until October- sure would like to extend the time if possible.

castleri said:
Is this an extension for ticketless travel funds? I did not know this was possible. Who do you have to contact? I have some that need to be used by May 2007 but may not be flying until October- sure would like to extend the time if possible.

You can get LUV vouchers from the refund dept. (Texas #). You can find the number on the SW site under travel center. Just remember they are only good for 6 months from the date you request them. Since you want to use them for Oct. travel, you should wait until right before the TTF's expire before requesting the extension.
Hope this helps.
Deb :wizard:

LUV is the stock exchange "name" Southwest uses. Not sure the term for it.

Anyway, the voucher is paper, they mail it to you. It has a 16 digit # and a 4 digit security code, in the upper right hand corner, also the amount of the voucher is on it. When you click to purchase your tickets online, there is a place to put in up to 8 voucher #'s, it is similar to using TTF's.
Just remember, they do expire 6 months from the time you request them. Mine have an issue date of 11/16/06 and expire 5/31/2007. "all travel must be completed by the expiration date"

So glad SW has gone to this system. :thumbsup2
Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter