Sw Rapid Rewards????

NHBelle

DIS Veteran
OKay I fly Southwest every year, but If I have this right you only get 2 Rapid Rewards (for rt) and you don't get credit for family members, and they expire after 24 months? I will never get a free ticket that way. I would have to go on 8 trips within 24 months (never gonna happen). It seems crazy. They want you to sign your kids up? Will they start getting junk mail? How about if I sign everyone up, is there a way to transfer everyones credits to 1 account? I doubt it or everyone would do it. Am I missing something or am I correct that this program will never work for me?

No, that's the way it works. Everyone has their own credits. It doesn't matter who you buy a ticket for, the credit belongs to the person that actually flies (assuming they're a RR member). Believe me, I've paid for plenty of my family's flights, and no extra credits! :(

I have never received junk mail from SW, only the monthly RR email update that tells you any specials for RR members, and then they send me things like birthday, valentine and cards for some holidays. Very nice IMO. :goodvibes

So, the program isn't for everyone, but it also won't impact you in a negative way by belonging. You never know when you they may offer double credits or extend the amount of time that you can keep them.........it's happened before! ;) Here's to hoping! :)

Everyone has their own credits. It doesn't matter who you buy a ticket for, the credit belongs to the person that actually flies (assuming they're a RR member). Believe me, I've paid for plenty of my family's flights, and no extra credits! :(

Yeah, wouldn't it be nice if the credits went to the person who paid for the tickets?????

You can also get discounts with it. I just read on another board that you can get a 20% at Seaworld. I haven't checked it out yet so I can't guarantee it but sounds good!

Goofygirl

Yes, the Sea World discount is 20% and it is good for up to six in your party.

Yeah, wouldn't it be nice if the credits went to the person who paid for the tickets?????

Absolutely! They should definitely reward the person paying for the tickets, not necessarily the one flying! :thumbsup2

I didnt realize each person has to sign up for RR. I just thought the person buying got the credit or per family. I guess i'll have to sign up dh and my DD9

It's been good for me. And even though i didn't get any credits, lots of people got an extra 3 RR credits when the Red Sox won the World Series. Of course I think I deserved them -- we only live about 5 miles from the MA border!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter