SW question

mitymott

Mouseketeer
What is southwest's policy if fares go down? I've never flown with them so I'm not sure if I should book now or wait for the ding.
Thanks,

We had booked a flight w/ SW and then the price dropped. I called them and they rebooked me at the lower fare. The difference was issued as a credit that had to be used w/in a certain amount of time. Unfortunately I wasn't able to use the $80 credit.

Hope this helps.

Missy

ps - I see you are from Philly. Do you actually live in the city or in the burbs? :wave2:

You have a year from the original purchase date to use the credit on SW. Some people have been able to get a few month extension on that.

... and yet another of the reasons is that one one of our previous flights, the fares lowered and without me calling and asking, they GAVE me ticketless travel funds good for the next year.
What a refreshing change not to have to call, and check repeatedly for lower prices and to see if you can get an adjustment. Good business=happy customers=more $!!!
Our next trip to WDW in 6 days :banana: is in large part because SW fares were an unbelievable $115 RT from my local airport to MCO!!!!
But, all this said - if you see fares go down, I'd call, anyway....

melomouse :grouphug:

I just called and found out that even though my $49 credit from last year's trip expires in Dec., they will honor if we fly in Jan. She said to call back after our trip and they will credit the money back to my cc. I've heard of lots of people doing this -- SW seems to have the absolute BEST customer service that I've ever seen from an airline.

Good to hear about positive experiences. I just booked our Jan. flights this morning. I'll be keeping an eye on ding, but am pretty happy with the fare we're getting. If we get a lower priced ding resulting in a credit, I'll be even happier.

Southwest is the best IMO. For the lower rates you get to pick your fkight times, :banana: :Pinkbounc :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter