SW credit card offer at MCO

Jaylie

DIS Veteran
When we flew home from WDW a few weeks ago we, we signed up for the SW credit card while we were waiting for our flight. Now we wonder if that was a good idea. The sales person said we'd each get a free RT flight (had to each apply for a card). But I read somewhere that you need to charge $1,000 before you get the free flight. Has anyone taken advantage of this offer? If so, were there any problems booking a flight?

When we flew home from WDW a few weeks ago we, we signed up for the SW credit card while we were waiting for our flight. Now we wonder if that was a good idea. The sales person said we'd each get a free RT flight (had to each apply for a card). But I read somewhere that you need to charge $1,000 before you get the free flight. Has anyone taken advantage of this offer? If so, were there any problems booking a flight?

The offer requirements vary. When I did it, I got 50,000 points and got 3 free roundtrip tickets out of it. How many points did they offer? It depends on the cost of the flight how many points it costs. I can usually get a roundtrip PIT-MCO for around 15,000-20,000. There is usually an annual fee you have to pay.

Credit card offers vary widely. What you get is governed by the written application you signed. What does that say? Note that it is the actual application document that governs, not what a sales agent may have told you.

to OP,last time I went through there they were offering 25,000 rapid rewards points for signing up. I didn't since I already had a much better online sign up deal. HOWEVER..... if you normally spend 1000 on regular purchases,say in a month or two, then you're fine.
The points go into your rapid rewards account,and you can use them for flights,etc your best bet is to watch for sales,and use them then,as they will go farther. Southwest is great with their points!
for future reference, they offer much better incentives online regularly....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter