Surprise: Your opinions on which Concierge to Split 3nights/4night?

Sazzo'sMommy

DIS Veteran
My husband's 40th birthday is next October and I am planning on our annual trip of fall break to WDW having a surprise twist! :p

I am going to tell him that we are staying at our usual Swan teacher rate, but I want to do something different!

I would like to do a 3 night MK Concierge stay and a 4 night EPCOT Concierge stay. We have only stayed concierge once and it was at the SWAN club level. EPCOT resorts are his favorite!;)

I was wanting to know opinions on what everyone thinks would be the best split and why?

Any insight and help would be very much appreciated! Also, if you can think of any cool surprises to make this the best B-Day ever, I would appreciate them! For your information, our daughter will be 2 next October and she will be going with us!

He is so awesome that he deserves a wonderful 40th surprise! :smooth:

We stayed at Swan Club Level in May and then stayed at Poly concierge in August. There is no comparison. The concierge service is MUCH MUCH better than Swan. The hours alone makes it so much better, 7am-10pm vs just breakfast time and dinner time at Swan.

We love Poly concierge, Chef Dick prepares great food and the location is great with many ways of getting to MK.

We will be staying at YC concierge in December, once you stay at the concierge level, it is really hard to stay any other way at Disney.

Happy planning!!

My vote is for splitting between the Polynesian and Beach Club.You cant beat the location or service at either one.

Polynesian & Yacht Club. Gee, that's what we are doing in 7 weeks. :)

Have fun!!!

Jill

The Polynesian and the BWI. IF it's just you and DH, the BWI is more adult friendly with a lot less kids. The lounge is extremely inviting. I HATE the YC lounge--it's only tables and chairs, no comfortable overstuffed couches or chairs to relax on--didn't seem inviting at all. It was more like "don't make them too comfortable so they'll leave faster!" at the YC :( :mad:

Anne

I imagine your daughter will still be in a crib, right? I would try to get one of the cool king round suites at the Dolphin. I'm not sure if that's available on the concierage level or not. I think all the Epcot resorts are great. Even if you have your daughter with you, the BWI will be a fun place. At her age, she might even get more out of the pool there than BC's Stormalong Bay. If your husband is into pools though, Beach Club would be the way to go.

I also would hire a babysitter and have a special night out with just the two of you. I think Epcot's WS is a very romantic place at night. There's lots of good restaurants there, too. You might even look into an Illuminations cruise.

I haven't stayed at an MK resort as I'm a Epcot resort gal too. The Grand Floridian looks awesome though. I think your daughter is young enough where she'll be happy anywhere, but it will be nice to be close to MK.

Thanks for your wonderful ideas!

My husband has mentioned that he really would like to stay at the GF Royal palm Club, but I am partial to the Poly, since I stayed there when I was three in 1974! I am so glad to hear that it is still as awesome as it was when I was little! I would really like to stay here for his birthday!

Does anyone know anything specifically about the GF RPC? Is it anywhere near as good as the Poly?

I just feel I really need to do my research, since it is my husband's surprise birthday trip and not mine!;)

Thanks again!
Sazzo's Mommy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter