sure wish parents would watch their kids

I have never been on a cruise in my entire life - all I can say is 29 cruises on DCL! Well done you!
I have been tempted recently to try DCL, but going to throw some time in at Napa Valley and Hawaii (at Aulani) this year. So, we'll see if there is time for a quick trip somewhere.
We started when our kids were really young. They've grown up on DCL. What parent does love "free" childcare and what kid doesn't love "free" ice cream. DCL has been great we have so many great memories. It's such a great family atmosphere. My youngest loves to travel and I think as long as were paying he's in. He's a history and geography nut. My oldest is kind of "meh" at this point. Different strokes for different kids or adults I should say. I can't get used to my kids being adults.

We started when our kids were really young. They've grown up on DCL. What parent does love "free" childcare and what kid doesn't love "free" ice cream. DCL has been great we have so many great memories. It's such a great family atmosphere. My youngest loves to travel and I think as long as were paying he's in. He's a history and geography nut. My oldest is kind of "meh" at this point. Different strokes for different kids or adults I should say. I can't get used to my kids being adults.
It is about the memories ... we ran into the "meh" as our nieces / nephew aged into adult-hood - somewhat of the same mix as you mentioned in terms of their current attitudes about their cringey Aunt/Uncle's addiction to Disney. While we enjoy the more adult nuances of Disney in the resorts / parks / experiences - my concern on DCL would be more concentrated doses of family friendly - but as someone not interested in cruises as a go-to experience - I am more comfortable with a Disney curated experience - if that makes any sense.

It is about the memories ... we ran into the "meh" as our nieces / nephew aged into adult-hood - somewhat of the same mix as you mentioned in terms of their current attitudes about their cringey Aunt/Uncle's addiction to Disney. While we enjoy the more adult nuances of Disney in the resorts / parks / experiences - my concern on DCL would be more concentrated doses of family friendly - but as someone not interested in cruises as a go-to experience - I am more comfortable with a Disney curated experience - if that makes any sense.
There's are a lot of adult bars and adult only restaurants on DCL. There's also an adult only pool. I have not cruised without my children, but I might someday if the price is right. A lot of adults without kids do because they say the service is better. I have not cruised other lines enough to know if this is true.

There's are a lot of adult bars and adult only restaurants on DCL. There's also an adult only pool. I have not cruised without my children, but I might someday if the price is right. A lot of adults without kids do because they say the service is better. I have not cruised other lines enough to know if this is true.
If you're going with out kids or older kids and you want DCL type of service, Celebrity is my go-to. Personally, I prefer it over DCL. Especially if you are a suite guest in the Retreat.

Well I'll be, a misinterpretation of a sarcastic Bon Voyage photo turns this thread around. Kumbaya.
LoL. I know right!!! This is the "Dis" board after all . We should be able to find some common ground even if it's not genuine. We didn't come to these boards to discuss parenting did we? I love to travel. You want to discuss traveling I'm all in.

If you're going with out kids or older kids and you want DCL type of service, Celebrity is my go-to. Personally, I prefer it over DCL. Especially if you are a suite guest in the Retreat.
ooh so pricey though. I'm trying to go cheap after bankrupting myself on DCL.

ooh so pricey though. I'm trying to go cheap after bankrupting myself on DCL.
it's usually cheaper than DCL!

Unless you go suite (which is a definite splurge we don't always do), but even then that is cheaper than club level on DCL which I have never done because of cost. lol

it's usually cheaper than DCL!

Unless you go suite (which is a definite splurge we don't always do), but even then that is cheaper than club level on DCL which I have never done because of cost. lol
Good to know. My kids already know I've spent their inheritance on Disney. I'm hoping they'll babysit the dogs when we travel. 90.00 dollars a day to board my two dogs...talk about insane prices.

LoL. I know right!!! This is the "Dis" board after all . We should be able to find some common ground even if it's not genuine. We didn't come to these boards to discuss parenting did we? I love to travel. You want to discuss traveling I'm all in.
Absolutely agree (and the intent was a genuine desire to move on in a humorous way) - and I have already started looking at some of the cruise threads!

It sure seems like a certain bargain hunters/debate team "baby" board that I used to frequent. I would love a morph into travel talk, though.

Good to know. My kids already know I've spent their inheritance on Disney. I'm hoping they'll babysit the dogs when we travel. 90.00 dollars a day to board my two dogs...talk about insane prices.
Oh wow. Have you tried the Rover app or website? We found a great family on there that we have used for the past 4-5 years. We read reviews and met them. Our dog is always happy to see them and we pay $30 per day. I think it would be a bit more for two dogs but not $90, and he stays at their house while we are away.

Cruises?? Quick- someone say something contentious. This thread could reach 35 pages before the day ends.

OMG! Why is so hard for you to believe that some kids are happy and why for Gods sake are you and LSU so determined to prove that mine aren't. It's really strange.
It's crazy, right? I totally agree. I posted earlier that my 19-year-old son said the same thing as your son about his childhood. He is one that would tell me if he thought I did something wrong or if something bothered him. My husband and I have raised strong kids and we have made sure that they are not afraid to talk to us. Not all kids are afraid of their parents even when spanked (not beaten, to clarify). I know I wasn't and I'm still not. A swat on the butt didn't emotionally break me.

I've never been on a cruise Disney or otherwise. Are Disney Cruises really good enough to pull me from my beloved parks?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter