Support please!!!

marydmjj

DIS Veteran
Today is going to be a very hard day for me. We are having a BBQ and serving all sorts of things I can't have. Chips everywhere, margaritas calling my name. :rolleyes:

I'm on my 3 day and I don't want to fail. This is going to be incredibly hard. I haven't cheated yet. I just need to keep my eye on the prize...wearing my most comfy levis and having them be comfy!

Mary,
Hang in there! I am headed to my sisters for a cookout and she has made a cake for us! I said...NOOOOOO!

We shall commiserate together.

It is going to be difficult but keep thinking about those jeans you want to wear. I will keep thinking about what I looked like in our Disney Home video....horrible....I need to lose this weight.

We can do it!
Let me know how you did...

Lisa

Mary, you can do this, I know you can. One of the things that helped me to stay on induction the entire two weeks was the thought that if I ate any refined carbohydrates, I would have to start all over again.

Too bad you are having to face this during the most difficult part of induction. I do not doubt you will persevere, avoid temptation and stay on plan.

I hope you thought ahead and planned plenty of Atkins friendly foods for yourself. When you want something off plan eat some protein with fat, or some cheese. Don't allow yourself to become really hungry and you will make it through.

And remember....the very worst thing that will happen if you eat refined carbohydrates today is that you will start over on induction. No big deal.

Please try to have as much fun as possible. What good is a cookout if you can't have fun? {{{HUGS}}} I'll be with you in spirit. Just imagine my most disapproving look when you reach for that offplan food ;)

You can do it! You know those things will be calling you, but you don't have to answer back! Not just yet!!!

In fact, they will always be there, somewhere, calling you - but the beauty is, you can decide to ignore them when you want, simply BECAUSE they will always be there.

What often works for me is to remind my self that this is not the last time I'll EVER get to have a marguerita - and that I'll have one next time, if I really want one.... If I just keep putting myself off, I manage to stretch my willpower out to cover whatever my needs are!

Very tricky of me to do to myself, but it has helped me stay focused. I even use it at WDW. If I miss an attraction or event, I just tell myself - "there's alway NEXT time!"

I am sending all kinds of good vibes to you today!
Good Luck!
Sue

I AM SO PROUD OF MYSELF!!! I didn't eat one single thing that wasn't on induction. I can't believe it. You don't know what an accomplishment this is for me. I've never in my life been able to hold off cravings and temptation like today. I'm always the one at the table snacking all day long. I feel so happy! :Pinkbounc

Thank you all for the support. I was really afraid I was going to give in today and have to start all over.

Nativetxn: I have been telling myself the last 2 days that if I give in to this craving I will have to start over again. It has been so helpful...which is surprising. I have never been this stern with myself, always just this once or a few more won't hurt.

Mis4Mouse: Thanks for the advice. It is nice to think that I'll still be able to have a margarita every once in a while after I'm healthy and at my goal.

Lisa: How did you do??? I'm anxious to hear. Thanks for your quick response. I read your post right before our guests arrived. It was helpful to keep my goal in mind today.

Congratulations on resisting temptation, that is an awesome accomplishment!! Makes you want to walk around like a peacock and pat yourself on your bag. Well done!

Oh, Wow!

You did Great! I am so proud of you! You must be so thrilled with your success yesterday! Doesn't it feel amazing when you conquer something like that??? Wow, you are really on your way and now YOU know you can face anything, of course, we knew it all along!

Congrats! Can't wait to see your 1st wk weigh-in!

Karyn

Yay Mary! I am so proud of you!! Way to go for resisting the temptations!! Congrats to you! :)

Mary...that is a Huge accomplishment!!! How proud you must feel this morning knowing that you did the RIGHT thing for yourself. That is the Best gift you can give yourself...the gift of making the RIGHT choices!!! Now...don't you FEEL so much better than you would have had you not made these choices.

Keep up the hard work...I promise it will pay off!!!

Tracy

I am so proud of you, Mary. I <i>knew</i> could do this all along. You are much stronger than you realize. We need to have a little talk, though

I hope this lasts!

You hope? I'm <i>sure</i> this is going to last, you are strong, you are determined and you are <b>successful</b>! How could it not last?

Give yourself a little credit. Believe in yourself. We all believe in you and we <i>know</i> this is going to last. You're a WISHer, afterall, that means you are going to be successful. Besides, we all plan to help you accomplish your goal. What more could you ask? Not only that but ketosis is going to kick in any minute now. That means you won't have much of an appetite--that is <i>very</i> helpful ;)

WOO HOO!!!! Stand up tall and proud you are doing great!

You did good! - we knew you could!!

And, I like that smile you're wearing :D for doing it!!!!!

Hey Mary, Congrats!!! Your dilema really struck home for me today. I had an engagement to attend that I had forgotten about!
Your post reminded me to stay focused!

I had to go to a wedding shower today - it was a brunch - pecan french toast, berry cheese blintzes, fancy au gratin potatoes, fruit cups, I could go on and on...

I had a big helping of scrambled eggs and bacon - that's it. Thank goodness they had decaf coffee.... the mimosa's looked soooo good I was almost tempted.

The worst of all was the beautiful chocolate cupcakes with the tops frosted like giant sunflowers. They were so cool and just oozing with frosting. Everyone was urging me to try one.... I'll admit, I took two home for my daughters..and in the car I tasted a bit of the frosting. I felt sick about five minutes later. I am SO glad I didn't cave in and eat one at the shower!

So anyways, congrats to you - I know it couldnt have been easy... and don't even think about next time yet.... it's self defeating - just take it one day at a time. You'll do it for sure!

All the best!
Sue

Way to go Sue! I don't know about you but it made me feel very powerful. Mwhaaaahaaaahaaaa (evil laugh ;) )

Nativetxn: I had a feeling I was going to get it when I posted that. I actually meant I hope this happiness lasts...and it has all day. Thanks for the reminder though. I do fall into self-depricating behavior, especially in and around Aunt Flo's visit. :p

Mary, that is awesome!!!! You did wonderful! Don't you feel proud and in control? :) It's great that you were able to conquer something as big as this eating situation so early into your program. I understand that induction can be a pretty tough time, so you did EXTRA EXTRA marvelous at your BBQ! :)

With resolve like this, you will be strutting your stuff in those comfy levis (and more!) in no time!!! :) I love reading these types of success stories, because it's great to watch everyone realize their potential when they begin a healthy lifestyle journey. Congratulations! You are on the road to success and I know you will be changing those clippies faster than some people change their underwear! ha ha!

P.S. I did skip over to the F&G board to check out the pictures. WOW! You have some gorgeous trees in your yard! :)

Mary, Way to go!!! You made it through that bbq!!! Now, it's "onward & downward" you go!!!!

Very proud. That's a tough obstacle.:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter