• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

supplies on rides?

redberyl

DIS Veteran
For any line longer than 10-15 minutes my daughter will have to have her suction machine, trach emergency bag, and oxygen concentrator. This doesnt need to go on the ride, but will have to be with her in line. Will they allow us to leave these things on the ride platform?

For any line longer than 10-15 minutes my daughter will have to have her suction machine, trach emergency bag, and oxygen concentrator. This doesnt need to go on the ride, but will have to be with her in line. Will they allow us to leave these things on the ride platform?

I would say no. Many rides don't load where you exit and I'm sure Disney CM's are limited as to what they can move/touch. Note that even with a DAS, most lines we stood in were at least 10 minutes, plus the time for the ride itself and debarking. I think our quickest turn around on anything we needed the DAS for was about 15-20 minutes from entering the line, to leaving the building.

Edited to add: we carried 2 decent sized backpacks with us and were able to take them on every ride without a problem.

Assuming she will transfer out of her stroller-as-wheelchair, and these items would be transported in/on the stroller -- then yes, they can stay at the boarding/unboarding location (wherever you are directed for that particular ride). The stroller will be pushed out of the way, usually visible to others though not necessarily supervised. Someone would have to have a lot of gall to take something from a special needs stroller loaded with medical equipment sitting in plain view of everyone else while you ride, but the possibility exists.

If the items can easily fit in a backpack or tote bag to keep with you, you may want to do so. It depends on your comfort level of leaving such items unattended and being without for a period of time.

As a note...some attractions themselves are longer than 10-15 minutes. You will want to research those (check the disABILITIES FAQ sticky) and decide how your family might manage those or if you'll need to skip them. Also if it's that important, have a plan in case of breakdown or delay on the ride -- considering all the ride cycles that occur every day, failure isn't common but it does happen on various rides and guests can be left sitting in the ride cars for a period of time.

Enjoy your vacation!

Do remember that any ride can breakdown- if 15 minutes is an absolutely critical window, you should take what is required with you.

I agree to consider break down times. We have been on rides, quite a few times where we ended up sitting at least twice the estimated ride time. On carousel of Progress, we ended up being on there like 45 minutes last trip as one stop kept playing over and over.

Agree. If 15-20 minutes is the max without the medical devices then you need to keep them with you. Every trip I get get delayed at least once a day on a ride, either because of glitches or loading or unloading of other passengers. It can happen on even the most innocent, fast loading rides.

We have been able to take suction, go bag etc with us on many attractions. If we can't then we likely skip that one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter