Supermarket closing times

alexandra uk

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have any idea what time Auchen closes on a Sunday ?

We'll be arriving on a Sunday and I want to go there on the first evening to stock up on milk and beers :earsboy:

Also does anyone know what colour top the French use for their full cream pasturised milk ?

Oh look for Lait entiere for full cream milk. I think the top is usually red but I am not 100 percent sure if that is true across the board.

Thanks Morgan :)

Thats a bit of a bummer then.

Do you know anything about a supermarket by The Santa Fe ?

Any larger supermarket will be closed on Sunday in France. You might be able to find some sort of small convience store with jacked up prices but thats about it.

alexandra uk said:
Do you know anything about a supermarket by The Santa Fe ?
That would probably be the store attached to the Esso petrol station then - that's the only thing I can think of near the Santa Fe. While I don't know if it'll be open late on Sundays, I can tell you this much. Some friends of ours stayed at SF not too long ago and they were always popping across there to get Cokes etc. and while they said it was a dearer than the supermarket prices, it was certainly cheaper than anywhere on Disney property, including the SF's own shop.

Thanks both

I'm going to have to get some milk for the first night from somewhere near Ashford before we leave.

Being as Disneyland is such a family friendly resort you'd think they'd have somewhere onsite that sells milk.

We had the same problem last time we went.

Last year we stayed at HNY arriving on a Sunday also. We were able to get some milk from the hotel for our first night until next day when we went over to the esso station to buy some. We just gave the hotel our tommie tippie cups for kids and they filled them up-can't remember if we were charged but if so it wasn't much (otherwise I would have remembered!) This year we will probably just give the kids milk at breakfast from hotel buffet and again at night from hotel.

I'm sure that the hotel shops sell milk don't they? Obviously premium rate but ok for first night. Or why not take cartons of long life, we often take this on hols & it's fine. I find it tastes creamier than fresh milk so I can get skimmed for me, definitely not as watery tasting as fresh skimmed milk.

The hotels don't sell milk. They didn't when we were there in 2003 anyway :confused3

Freezing it is a very good idea.
I'd have to ask them at the hotel in Ashford if they could do it there for me the night before we leave.

I'd rather take my own instead of having to ask the hotel because my boys are milk fiends. They go through galons of the stuff :teeth:

I was looking for milk one night (had some chocolate that was just screaming to be eaten!) and finally managed to find a carton for sale in the fridge at the Sequoia Lodge shop. It was tiny - smaller than say, a Ribena carton - and came with a little straw. It was fresh milk (not UHT which I despise) and was supposedly semi-skimmed. The taste wasn't quite like we get back here, but it was okay.

Appreciate someone posting up closing time of Auchen :)
Planning to stock up on essential e.g. wine etc on the Wednesday evening we arrive in Davy Crockett Ranch.

Reid

Another grocery store serving Disneyland Paris is the Champion store in the town on Bailly Romainvilliers. The hours are shorter that those of Auchan, but, unlike Auchan, the Champion store is open Sunday morning. Champion primarily serves local residents, not tourists, and the prices seemed reasonable. It's a full grocery. You can buy fresh milk, wine, frozen foods, fresh baked goods, seafood, and more. Near Champion, there's a florist, a bakery, a drug store, and several neighborhood restaurants.

Champion is not far from Davy Crockett Ranch. It's walking distance from Marriott's Village d'ile-de-France. And you can get there on the number 34 bus from the bus stop adjacent to the Disneyland Paris RER station (the schedule is posted at the bus stop).

mvf-championstore.jpg

These were the posted hours at the end on March 2005 (with the translation below):

mvf-championhours.jpg

SCHEDULE OF OPEN HOURS
- MONDAY THROUGH THURSDAY, 9:00 AM TO 12:30, AND 2:30 PM TO 8:00 PM
- FRIDAY AND SATURDAY, 9:00 AM TO 8:00 PM
- SUNDAY, 9:00 AM TO 12:30 PM
- YOUR BREAD AND PASTRY COUNTER IS OPEN TUESDAY THROUGH SUNDAY at 7:00 AM

We bought a pint carton from our hotel (cheyenne) and that was this May. It was semi or summit but tasted ok in tea/coffee. It was on sale in the cold cabinet with the drinks (fizies and milk).
Oh, and just before you get to the long road to Ashford Int. Station there is a large Tescos (signposted) if your driving, or small shop on the station once youve passed through the ticket bit (not sure if they sold milk for definate though). What about the dried stuff from Marvel that you can pack - wont matter if it leaked them! :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter