Super Tip: Dining Pass to Mythos

kellymonaghan

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Here's a great tip that's not well known. I never saw it advertised at Universal and a search of this board didn't turn up any mention of it either.

You can get a "Dining Pass" to eat at Mythos in Islands of Adventure WITHOUT PAYING ADMISSION TO THE PARK!

Here's how it works. First, make a reservation at Mythos. The private line is 407-224-4534. Then go to the Will Call window to the right of the ticket booths at IOA and tell them you have a reservation for Mythos and that you'd like a pass. You don't actually get a physical "pass." Instead, they will swipe your credit card and note on the charge slip the number of people in your party. They will also write on the slip the time of your reservation and the the time two hours after your reservation. Then they let you into the park through the Guest Services office.

You have two hours from the time of your reservation to eat and return to the Will Call window. You have to show them your receipt from Mythos. They will then return your uncharged credit card slip to you so you can rip it up.

If you overstay your time limit, they will charge you for a full day's admission for everyone in your party.

I tried it out and found that I got back almost excatly two hours after the time of the reservation. My guess is that if you are a bit over, they won't quibble, especially if you can show them that the time printed on your receipt wasn't that long ago.

But since a full meal at Mythos can take a while to savor, I would suggest that if time is running short you tell your server and ask to have the restaurant manager call the front desk and tell them you're running a bit behind.

This is a great way to experience Mythos without taking time out of your touring schedule. For example, if you have a three-day pass you could spend all your available time in the parks and then return on the fourth day just to eat at Mythos.

You can also bring in guests this way. If you are imposing on friends or family during your Orlando vacation, this is a great way to say "Thanks!"

Although I haven't tried it, you can probably use this same system to eat at Confisco Grill.

For those who haven't eaten at Mythos, it's fabulous. I was down in Orlando recently and ate there at least five times. I'd bore you with all the wonderful things I ate except that the menu is changing today (or was it yesterday?).

Ask what the Wood-Fired Pizza of the Day is. They seldom repeat themselves and every time I've had it, it's been terrific, even if it sounded weird. And at $8 it's a good choice for a light inexpensive meal.

Kelly Monaghan
Author of "Universal Studios Escape: The Ultimate Guide to the Ultimate Theme Park Adventure"µˇ0

Another great report!!
This would be great since we will not be doing the parks everyday and a nice dinner would be wonderful after a leisurely day around the pool!!! :)
We appreciate all of your tips and advice!!
More! More!
Thanks!
Sandy

I'm not sure Mythos is an option for dinner. It closes about the same time as the park and when I was there recently it was closing as early as 3:30 on the slower days.

But one of my favorite things to do is to request the last seating of the day when the park is closing late. That way, after a leisurely meal, you are among the last people to leave the park and Port of Entry, with just a few people in it, under the moon is a magical place!

Kelly Monaghan
Author of "Universal Studios Escape: The Ultimate Guide to the Ultimate Theme Park Adventure"Ã

Thanks again for all the advice. :)
It helps soooo much to hear about all this before you go!
Sandy

There have been some trip reports that state the seating is VERY uncomfortable naking a meal there less then enjoyable. What is your experience?

Bump for Robin :)

jessica5.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!