Super Sixth Birthday Surprise Pre Trip

We practically floated out of Auberge, well except for our very full tummies :cutie: the show had started on the stage so we ended up just standing chatting to some cms at the back where they rope off.

Dd met some fab characters and enjoyed chatting to everyone about her meal in Auberge, she seemed to strike up an affinity with Lilo on this trip and everywhere we went she remembered dd.

We left the show in full swing and plodded into the studios, wow that cake was nice but I'd overdone it ;)

Stars in Cars was starting so we found a spot at the left of the stage where the trees are, it turned out to be perfect, not to see the show but dd had a blast meeting lots of characters.

We saw Ariel again and Gaston ...

127.jpg

snow White's evil queen, Snow White, Woody, Elvis Stitch, Cruella ....

130.jpg

despite dd's uneasy expression this Cruella was actually really nice, a bit too nice in fact as when they were all pulling off in the cars she shouted to dd to 'have a fabulous birthday darling' :rotfl:

I must say dd was getting spoilt, it didn't go unseen either as the very rude man behind me kept remarking and pushing her, I wouldn't mind but I'd offered about 3 times for his kids to stand next to dd :rolleyes1 As dd was talking to Mulan said rude man pushed two autograph books into Mulans face, she must've assumed he was with us :scared1: and asked dd what her name was, when dd said they weren't hers ... well lets just say if looks could kill lol Mulan can throw some serious daggers! She signed his books thrust them back to him and I think just to tick him off continued to spend ages with dd and brought Mushu over for a hug.

131.jpg

Lilo and Stitch were over to us too and pinched Flounder for a dance, I really love the way some of the guys play their characters absolutely spot on.

134.jpg

After the parade we enjoyed some time in the studios and did Stitch Live.

We'd fast passed BTM so it was getting close to our time, we spent the rest of the afternoon riding BTM and POTC.

We met Jack Sparrow, admittedly this one was more for me :lmao: dd was a bit freaked out by him and practically ran off with him calling after her 'princess wait' ....

137.jpg

I however was happy to wait, oh well maybe next time ;)

We watched the parade from afar and went to ride PM whilst it was on, the heavens opened which was our cue to cut a dash for Annettes.

We had a little wait in line and were seated upstairs, I didn't enjoy Annettes as much as on our last trip but it was still great value for money at 39.44 after discount :thumbsup2

We did some shopping in the village, more like window shopping! Back at HNY we listened to one of the Disney story's on the tv, dd fell asleep and mum and I decorated our room with banners and balloons tomorrow was her big day!

Today was dd's actual birthday and i had a few more surprises up my sleeve which would dictate some of our day ;)

We'd taken some gifts and cards from home wrapped with us, she was very excited to be waking up in DLP to some presents, she also had quite a bit of money in the way of euros from family and friends in cards, she was flush :woohoo:

We got ready and went down for breakfast, again we were seated right away and dd wished happy birthday. After breakfast she met Minnie, I do so love HNY for this ease of meeting characters ...

140.jpg

We did EMH, brielfy visited Salon Mickey and exited back through the main door for the studios.

This morning we'd decided we would do Crush for the first time so we joined an already growing queue, it wasn't even 10am yet! We waited around 30-40minutes, I'm glad we did this first thing as the queues always seem really heavy. It was finally our turn to grab some shell :cool1: let me point out mum is not a roller coaster person, I had told her it was not that bad a more like a fast Peter Pan (am I a bad person?) dd and I sat together facing forward with mum behind, we loved Crush and by we I mean dd and I. Mum screamed the whole way through, swore at me (which is unheard of), put on her stern voice and demanded I made them stop the ride and let her off :lmao:

To recover we rode the flying carpets, I fast passed TOT and agreed it was time to go back to the main park. As we left the studios just after 11am it was a gorgeous spring morning, we chatted and I just said to dd 'oh look who it is'. Dd looked up and the biggest smile broke out over her face, walking towards us from the train station was her dad :wizard: it was a total surprise for her, some of you may know we're seperated, he lives in London we in Manchester, she only sees him a few times a year ...... funnily enough he made it to DLP but enough said about that :rolleyes1

How did I not see this sooner?!!

What a fantastic Birthday trip! Sounds like you had a magical time at Auberge - I'm so pleased for you! :cloud9:

Your DD has had some fantastic character interaction too - lots of fab photos!

Glad her Dad made it - must have been very special for her. :hug:

I'll be watching for the next update... popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter