Super Duper Budget - Do You Think This Is Feasible?

What's the least? Nothing. We have gone twice and not bought any souveniers. Just stayed out of the stores. I think you will be just fine. It's great that you have decided what you want ahead of time and have a plan for when you are going to do your shopping.

I would recommend holding off on purchasing your gifts until the LAST minute. That way you have that $100 in reserve if you need it.

Will the town car stop at the grocery? You could probably get better and cheaper donuts there.

Sounds like you have a good plan.

Originally posted by CarolA
I would recommend holding off on purchasing your gifts until the LAST minute. That way you have that $100 in reserve if you need it.

Will the town car stop at the grocery? You could probably get better and cheaper donuts there.

Sounds like you have a good plan.

Good idea about the gifts, maybe I'll do that Friday night (if money allows) since we go home Saturday. If I don't get them at WDW, there is always the Lego store back home.

We are doing a grocery stop. I was going to pick up a cooler so we can keep the milk cold. I probably should get the donuts and milk there as well, although I didn't think the gift shop was *too* expensive last time we were there.

Thanks for the replies :)

Yes, you can do it.

I have twwo adult children with me on our trips and we budget maybe $75 a day for everything. We are not big eaters either and we rarely buy souvenirs.. we buy snack, krisy kremes, soda, pop from the grocery store. (we do have a rental car tho).

Have fun

I suggest picking up a collapsible cooler at Walmart(or similar discount store)before you leave. I have one that has wheels on it, and folds flat to fit in my suitcase or a duffel bag. I take it to Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon, and to the pool as well. And I pack it with souvenirs for the trip home. We drive, but I am sure it can be checked. My cooler was @$20 2 years ago, and can hold 2 gallons of milk, a gallon of orange juice, 4-5 bottled water/soda(20 oz. size), in addition to a few packs of deli meats and cheese. A few months ago I picked up a smaller cooler without the wheels for my daughter to use at Cheerleading camp that was clearanced to $5 at Walmart. Also, be sure to make a list of what you need to pick up at the grocery store; I did not have a list on my first trip, and I spent the whole 30 minutes wandering around a strange store, picking up things I did not really need and forgetting a few things I did. I would definitely advise you to go since most things are budgeted for. Have fun!

Yes you can do it! It definitely sounds possible. We've pinched pennies many times just so we can go.

Eating is low on our priority list too - imo there is great food everywhere, so we don't go to WDW (or anywhere) to eat. So we cut corners there, similar to you, and also keep in mind you would have to eat at home, too.

And remember, the experience you share with your little guy will be PRICELESS. You may not remember what you ate, but you'll remember all the fun you have!

Be sure you let us know how it was when you get back!!!

Thanks for the replies everyone!! I'm getting excited to see just how little money we can spend hehe.

The first year we went to WDW we were BROKE! My dh was working commission only at that time and we almost cancelled our trip because of his low paycheck for the preceeding month. We ended up going and we spent $0 for souvenoirs or snacks. We packed breakfast foods that we ate in the hotel room. Bought some lunchmeat we kept in the cooler for sandwiches a couple of days. And we shared lots of the meals. You already know how large the portions are at WDW! This frugal trip was back in 1992 and we STILL talk about how much fun that trip was. And we laugh at how the waiter at Cindy's had to bring us bread like 6 times, or how he gave us 20 after dinner mints (there were only the 4 of us back then). And how we window shopped and said, "our next trip we'll come back and buy this". And we brought back "free" souvenoirs like unused chopsticks from Nine Dragons, a roll of tp with the Mickey Mouse paper over it, etc.

I think it's great that just you and your ds are going! What a fun trip for just the two of you. I've thought about going with just the kids because dh couldn't get off from work.

Have a great time, and when you come back post to let us know how frugal you were! :)

Mary

Originally posted by alicenwonder99
The first year we went to WDW we were BROKE! My dh was working commission only at that time and we almost cancelled our trip because of his low paycheck for the preceeding month. We ended up going and we spent $0 for souvenoirs or snacks. We packed breakfast foods that we ate in the hotel room. Bought some lunchmeat we kept in the cooler for sandwiches a couple of days. And we shared lots of the meals. You already know how large the portions are at WDW! This frugal trip was back in 1992 and we STILL talk about how much fun that trip was. And we laugh at how the waiter at Cindy's had to bring us bread like 6 times, or how he gave us 20 after dinner mints (there were only the 4 of us back then). And how we window shopped and said, "our next trip we'll come back and buy this". And we brought back "free" souvenoirs like unused chopsticks from Nine Dragons, a roll of tp with the Mickey Mouse paper over it, etc.

I think it's great that just you and your ds are going! What a fun trip for just the two of you. I've thought about going with just the kids because dh couldn't get off from work.

Have a great time, and when you come back post to let us know how frugal you were! :)

Mary

Sounds like you had a good time!! I'll have to remember the "free" souvies, like the coloring books that they give out at POP and the stickers, etc.

Hi Summer,

OK, so spending $300 over your budget isn't "too" bad...lol. At least you had fun. And those ornaments are tempting!

I'll remember to stay away from DTD on our trip...lol.

Mary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter