super busy=closing the park?

VWCat

Mouseketeer
eek! is that true? If it is crazy busy they close the park? Does it stay closed all day or what the heck? this scares me. anyone?

They don't close it, they just don't admit more people through the gates or sell more tickets when capacity is reached. Something to do with fire marshall and safety regulations. When people exit the park and numbers go down, they open the gates again.

oooh okay...well lets say we go to ee then back to the disneyland hotel for a rest,so there could be a possiblity that we couldn't get back in til it's less busy? thanks for the info:thumbsup2

I'm not exactly sure what the policy is for re-entry .. if you have that day's hand stamp, i would think they would let you back in ... you could always go over to DCA, it NEVER reaches capacity ... :rotfl2:

:thumbsup2 cool,thanks for the info! got a bit scared as we are going the opening of nemo week..eek!

The only time I have heard of them doing this is during Christmas/New Year's.

It's not just around Christmas...we were there on November 10 (a Friday!) and they were at capacity that afternoon...we went to DCA, but were able to enter Disneyland around 6:00.

I did read, in a different thread, that if you leave Disneyland, there is a chance you won't be allowed back in if it reaches capacity. Someone, sorry don't remember who, said that even though they had their hand stamped, they were not allowed back in because Disneyland was at capacity. It sounded like it caused a big "stink". They were upset because when they left the park they were not told that there was a chance that they would not be allowed back in.

Yes it has happened the last two Veterans Days in a row which is why ScooterL experienced it. But I cannot remember a time it has happened in June in many many years if ever!!! The only other time I can think of not on a US holiday time is on DL birthday in 2005 perhaps!

Andrea

The park does reach capacity a few times a year. Typically its around holidays- July 4th, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years.

There is a whole system/ order in which they limit entry. They start by limiting new ticket sales. Then limiting entry to those that have handstamps, then those staying onsite, etc. Until they reach the point that NO one is allowed to enter until people leave.

You are going in June, when Nemo opens. It could be very busy that week. I would be careful leaving the park. Ask about your chances of being let back in based on being a resort guest and a hand stamp.

yeah I'm just worried about the nemo causing havoc...I've looked up to see if dlh has been all booked yet for that time period and it hasn't so maybe people are staying away that week...who knows

I'm going the week of June 10th as well. I honestly have no idea what to expect because of the opening of Nemo. :confused3 I'm planning on taking a break sometime between 1-5 so hopefully if it does reach capacity then the park will start to empty and let more people back in around dinnertime. If not there's always DCA until then!

yeah I'm doin every ee and then taking a break when it gets busy and then coming back after a swim and a nap:cool1:

How about the Friday before Memorial Day? Would that be a really busy day? TIA!

It will be really busy, but they won't necessarily shut the gates. Like others have mentioned, it's pretty rare. The last time that I know of that they reached capacity was on January 2nd.

Usually when DL reaches capacity, you can still get in over at DCA. Though once DL closes it's gates, I imagine that DCA fills up quickly. But it would take *a lot* of people to fill both parks to capacity.

It will be really busy, but they won't necessarily shut the gates. Like others have mentioned, it's pretty rare. The last time that I know of that they reached capacity was on January 2nd.

Usually when DL reaches capacity, you can still get in over at DCA. Though once DL closes it's gates, I imagine that DCA fills up quickly. But it would take *a lot* of people to fill both parks to capacity.

Since the 7 months i been there, DCA has only been closed due to heavy crowding once. Thats about it.

I am told that if you have a handstamp, you should be let in. But i may be wrong about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter