Sunset Savanah View?

Aswood2

Earning My Ears
Hello,

I'm visiting the Animal Kingdom Lodge January 4-7th and while going to check in it gave me amenity request options including top floor, lower floor, near lobby ect. One option it gave me was "Sunset Savannah View" I'm staying in standard room as opposed to a Savannah view room, and was wondering what a "Sunset Savannah View" room was, If it's worth requesting, and if anyone knows where in the resort those rooms are located.

Thanks

Yes, request Sunset Savannah! Some of the standard views used to be Savannah view but were reclassified because they were obstructed. Unless you have a request that is more important, such as close to elevator, etc. I would do it.

I am not a fan of the sunset view. If if it the area right off of the lobby? It is a very small area that has very few animals for viewing.

I am not a fan of the sunset view. If if it the area right off of the lobby? It is a very small area that has very few animals for viewing.

I guess it depends on the mood of the animals. We have been in that section twice and had plenty of zebra, giraffe, wildebeest, antelope, and storks, cranes, etc.

Hello,

... I'm staying in standard room as opposed to a Savannah view room, and was wondering what a "Sunset Savannah View" room was, If it's worth requesting, and if anyone knows where in the resort those rooms are located.

Thanks

Which is undoubtedly why some rooms which used to be classified as savanna view where reclassified to standard view. Disappointing if you've paid the steep surcharge for savanna view, but a treat if you only paid for standard view and get a room where you can see animals (v. maybe the parking lot.)
The sunset savanna is the largest savanna and lies between Jambo house and Kidani. I don't know where the standard rooms would be, but the halls that run along Sunset savanna in Jambo are Kudu trail and Ostrich trail, both to the left as you enter the lobby.

Which is undoubtedly why some rooms which used to be classified as savanna view where reclassified to standard view. Disappointing if you've paid the steep surcharge for savanna view, but a treat if you only paid for standard view and get a room where you can see animals (v. maybe the parking lot.)
The sunset savanna is the largest savanna and lies between Jambo house and Kidani. I don't know where the standard rooms would be, but the halls that run along Sunset savanna in Jambo are Kudu trail and Ostrich trail, both to the left as you enter the lobby.

That is interesting, on the map the sunset savannah is not very large at all. :confused3. When we stayed there, right off the lobby towards the left is a little viewing alcove. Is that the sunset savannah, or is there a whole other part to it? I always thought that little sparse alcove was it.

I appreciate all of the info, as we booked a standard room I didn't expect to have any chance of a savannah view, so if we end up getting any sort of savannah view that will be a big plus regardless of how many or how few animals we see. :thumbsup2

We stayed in a 2 bedroom Kidani villa that was supposed to be Savannah view. We were almost at the end of the building, and the "view" was a narrow strip where we saw no more than a few goat-looking animals all week. We also had a view of a road where the attendants came with food. The food containers there weren't even out of sight like they are in other places. It wasn't a very magical experience. I hope they have removed it to the "standard" category.

I think you stayed along Pembe savannah, which we did last June. I know that the 2 BR villa next to ours had been reclassified as standard view, but, unfortunately, our 1 BR was still classified as savannah view. I agree that the experience wasn't very magical. My main complaint is that the animals on Pembe savannah seem to go for checks every morning between about 6:30-9 am or so. I could see the enclosure for the animal care area, and I could see animals looking out over the fence. They weren't easy to see, because there were dense trees in the area. My major pleasure on previous visits to AKV was to sit on the balcony at breakfast and watch the animals.

My husband and I stayed at Kidani last March, and by coincidence, we had a studio that was just across the room from where we stayed in June. It faced sunset savannah. We were on the 5th floor, and during that stay, there were loads of animals to see in the early morning when we had breakfast. I think the Arusha savannah is supposed to be the "best", but we have usually been on sunset savannah, and usually, there are lots of animals to enjoy there. If you look at a aerial map of the area, like on Google maps, you can see that really sunset savannah is quite large, possibly even larger than Arusha.

Our last AKV stay was a standard view that sort of, kind of, not really looked over the pool. It was much nicer than I thought it would be but if we stay at AKV/AKL again we're definitely requesting a savannah view. I can overlook a pool at any resort but how often can I see giraffes and zebras outside of my sliding glass door? :blush:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter