Sun hat? Visor? Just sunglasses and sunscreen?

Are there a lot of the open top visors in the gift shops? I'd rather buy a Disney one since it's not something I'd ever wear in real life. We're going in July and the thought of a hat on my head makes me cringe...SO HOT. Bright sunlight is a headache trigger for me, so even though I hate hats, I think I'm going to have to do something in addition to sunglasses.

We're staying at Yacht Club, so we'll have easy access to the gift shops around the Boardwalk and will be going to Epcot our first evening. Maybe Mouse Gear would have them?

The Yacht Club has a niece gift shop, as does teh Beach Club. I bet you can find one in either shop/

My issue with a hat is my hair (Yes, my hair). It looks like crap when I take it off and it's also impossible to put in a bun and wear a hat. I also feel like it would get really hot and gross in the humidity.
I vote hat + sunglasses.

If you're worried about your hair looking good, carry your hat in ... and take your pictures of yourself /your group quickly upon entry. Your hair'll still look good, then you can take pix of things you see around the park, and it won't matter that you're not really in them ... you'll already have your "people shots".

Outside of Disney I only wear sunglasses, but one summer vacation at Disney I discovered the goodness of hats. I think they make am incredible difference in my level of comfort with the sun. I don't feel that constant burning sensation. I still wear sunglasses and sunscreen. I'm not really using the hat to protect my skin or shade my eyes. It just feels better.

I'm planning on a visor + sunglasses. I know the visor won't be great looking but I need something to keep the sun out of my eyes in addition to my sunglasses. I had Lasik last year and my sensitive eyes are already even more sensitive to the sun. Plus, I'll wear my hair in a bun the whole trip rather than even attempt to dry it and wear it down (poofs in humidity).

Here's the visor I got: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C4X1VGQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My head gets way too hot in a hat, I always have a ponytail, and I have bangs. So sunglasses and sunscreen it is - hasn't failed me yet!

I've been wearing baseball hats a lot more lately. I put my hair in a pony, pull though the cap, sunscreen, sunscreen etc. I grew my bangs out when we were on lock-down, so it's really easy. I just hate taking off the hat and having that weird sweat/hat line on my forehead!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter