• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Summertime Shoes for Disney

louey

DIS Veteran
Just curious, I really don't want to just wear sneakers around the parks since it will be Summer. Does anyone have suggestions for a comfortable pair of flipflop type shoes?

I wear my crocs, last trip i wore my mary jane style one's and loved them....no blisters and no sweating feet (it was aug and extreme heat) This trip i will do crocs again for sure.

I was looking at the Teva mush sandals that people mentioned/ recommended. Does all the walking not cause pain from the strap rubbing between the big toe and 2nd toe? Sandals that are made like that usually bother my toes. The Tevas I had years ago had straps that criss crossed and nothing between the toes. :confused3

I was looking at the Teva mush sandals that people mentioned/ recommended. Does all the walking not cause pain from the strap rubbing between the big toe and 2nd toe? Sandals that are made like that usually bother my toes. The Tevas I had years ago had straps that criss crossed and nothing between the toes. :confused3

I was wondering the same thing, after awhile do they hurt your toe? I don't own any crocs and would imagine that they would make your feet sweat bigtime especially in the Summer :confused3

no sweating in crocs, the material they are made with resist sweat. I call them my miracle shoes...i no longer suffer from foot or leg pain and they are the only thing i can wear in the deep of august and not feel sweaty :)

None of our Tevas have straps between the toes.

Your feet do NOT sweat in Crocs. They are like miracle shoes. I walked around for 12 days with the Mary Jane style Crocs for our Disney trip in September. My feet did not hurt at all and they never sweat...which means that they don't stink. They are hideous...but they are the best shoes I have ever worn! Try them...you will absolutely not be disappointed.

I sprung for two pairs of walking sandals: a pair of Eccos and a pair of Soft Walks. Got them on zappos.com. I spent a bit, but to me being pain free is worth it. I've worked retail part time for years and my feet just can't take as much as they used to.

J.Crew and Reefs are the most comfortable summer shoes I own. I wear them everyday, including inside the parks. I actually prefer them over my tennis shoes because my feet get so hot. The kids have the crocs but I can't seem to break away from the flip flops and buy a pair for myself. :goodvibes

Nike makes great comfortable flips - they're about $20. The tops are made of neoprene (the same stuff scuba diving suits are made of) and are extremely comfortable (the piece between your toes is fabric, and doesn't rub like many others).

I definately am going to be googling (sp, is that a word?) some of these brands that everyone has suggested. I want a couple of nice pairs of flip flops, imagining how hot it will be in June. We have always gone in the Winter.

No flames please but I am not a huge croc fan, I know people swear by them but......

In addition to my Eccos and Soft Walks, I will be taking my Reef flip-flops. They are the best flip-flops ever!

For flip flops my favorites are reefs

If you have a VF Outlet store close to you, they have Reef sandals. Everything in their outlets is half price. I thought the half price was still high for flip flops but maybe I'll go back and try them on!!:thumbsup2

If you have a VF Outlet store close to you, they have Reef sandals. Everything in their outlets is half price. I thought the half price was still high for flip flops but maybe I'll go back and try them on!!:thumbsup2

What is VF? outlet :confused3

I always wear my birks when it's too hot for tennis shoes, they are just perfect for me.

I must be a weirdo cause crocs DO make my feet sweat. I only wear them to work WITH socks cause otherwise they are all sweaty and gross (and this is the only shoe I have this issue with).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter