Summer Tips

mnlibzi

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on
I am leaving for WDW this summer and I have some tips.

- Take a filtering water bottle its cheaper than buying.

- Wear a wet bandana around your neck to keep cool.

- Ride the rides that have waits in the sun in the morning, so you will not burn up.

- Wear bright colors.

- Mesh shorts are helpful.

- Bring a change of clothes.

Hope this helps!

mnlibzi

:jumping1:

Adding on.
If you forgot your bandana a washcloth from the hotel - in a ziploc with ice can do the trick.

Always pack some ziplocs *see above

Try to plan some of the longer indoor rides during the hotest parts of the day ie- ellen'e energy adventure.

Body Glide is your friend.

Thanks Everyone, thanks for adding on! :)

I got a Misty Mate. It's a mister that does not need batteries, you just fill with water and pump a few times, then mist.

Thanks, in fact i am in WDW right now! :rotfl2: It's been one of those unlucky days. :sad2: First our flight got delayed because the computer was not working, then we rented a car and it broke, and lastly we were about to go swimming in our pool, when a huge thunderstorm hit, which is happening right now. Bad start so far.... it has a chance of raining every day. :scared1: Will post soon!

Thanks!

:upsidedowmnlibzi:upsidedow

If you don't have a bandana, you can just wet a paper towel in the bathroom. Works just as well.

Thanks! Today the monorail just as we were about to go on, shut down. So we took the boat. We went to MK I rode SM for my fist time, it is awesome! :thumbsup2 Very hot! My sisters made mickey ear hats. Anyway I will post again tomorow, we are going to DHS and Downtown Disney. I can't wait to go on the RNR! :rockband::music::mic:

I got a Misty Mate. It's a mister that does not need batteries, you just fill with water and pump a few times, then mist.

We have two of these and they are amazing. I put ice cubes into them in the morning so I mist with cold water for most of the day. Bought them at Costco a few years ago..

Thanks, in fact i am in WDW right now! :rotfl2: It's been one of those unlucky days. :sad2: First our flight got delayed because the computer was not working, then we rented a car and it broke, and lastly we were about to go swimming in our pool, when a huge thunderstorm hit, which is happening right now. Bad start so far.... it has a chance of raining every day. :scared1: Will post soon!

Sorry to hear about all your bad luck. Hopefully things will turn around tomorrow. I also looked at the weather report and they are reporting thunder storms most of the days we will be there too... We don't mind a quick shower in the PM but Tshowers... :confused3 Don't want those...

Here's a very simple tip;
I am a Civil War Reenactor here in Virginia and let me tell you wearing a wool uniform and all the gear in the middle of a battlefield in the middle of Summer gets REALLY hot! One easy way to keep from overheating is to hold some ice on each wrist or the back of the neck for a few moments. It will help cool you down very quickly. It's what our EMT's do in the field when one of us goes down with the heat.

Thanks!

It will be fine - we just flew home on the 16th & the week we were there it called for rain every day too - but only rained 1 time, and we were napping anyway:)

We have two of these and they are amazing. I put ice cubes into them in the morning so I mist with cold water for most of the day. Bought them at Costco a few years ago..

Sorry to hear about all your bad luck. Hopefully things will turn around tomorrow. I also looked at the weather report and they are reporting thunder storms most of the days we will be there too... We don't mind a quick shower in the PM but Tshowers... :confused3 Don't want those...

Thanks! We got to see Fantasmic! :thumbsup2 The first one was almost cancelled due to thunderstorms, it cleared up and we went to the second one. The bad thing is that since it rained the snake could not move, and the dragon could not brethe a lot of fire, the end is really dark, but you will see all the disney characters at the end on a boat. Thanks!

I just picked up several mini-mister fans at Walmart ($3 each! what a deal!).

I like them much better than the big mister fans - they're so small, they have a caribiner clip that attaches the fan to a belt loop, purse, fanny pack, etc. and they weigh very little. I don't like to lug around a big mister fans. The only drawback on the small mister fans is that you have to fill them with water more often, but it's totally worth it.

I like them much better than the big mister fans - they're so small, they have a caribiner clip that attaches the fan to a belt loop, purse, fanny pack, etc. and they weigh very little. I don't like to lug around a big mister fans. The only drawback on the small mister fans is that you have to fill them with water more often, but it's totally worth it.

I was just at Super Walmart today and couldn't find these! Where in the store did you find them? I looked in every pool/water play toy aisle and the camping section.

What a great thread! I'd like to add one tip...cool max. Athletic wear (tees and tank tops)can be found anywhere and they wick water away very well!!:laundy:

Originally Posted by ZoZo

I was just at Super Walmart today and couldn't find these! Where in the store did you find them? I looked in every pool/water play toy aisle and the camping section.

I'd like to find these also. What section were they in? Thanks!! :0)

What a great thread! I'd like to add one tip...cool max. Athletic wear (tees and tank tops)can be found anywhere and they wick water away very well!!:laundy:

Canadian Paco, where do you buy the cool max t-shirt? I am from Ontario too. Thanks

Any sports store like Sports Mart or Sport Chek. Heck I've even bought them at Zellers but that was a few years ago. Look for water/moisture wicking info on the tags.
Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter