Summer Sun, Libations, and Yetis July 2019 (Updated September 30th)

I left Pandora and saw the new Otter Grotto! They were swimming up top.

IMG_4895.jpg

My favorites!!! They're the cutest!!!

Soon enough she was out!

IMG_4928.jpg

IMG_4929.jpg

She was fun to follow around for a bit and watch guest interactions.

KEVIN!! So happy you got to see her!!

I also noticed that Chef Art Smith was in the restaurant! He was dining with what I assume to be friends or family so I didn't bother for a picture.

How awesome that he was there!!!

For my meal I ordered the Hallelujah Biscuit!

IMG_4937.jpg

Oh my was this good! Egg on top of fried chicken on top of a biscuit with a side of cheesy mashed potatoes! This was definitely something I would recommend and get again!

That looks amazing!!! I love Homecomin', I need to try brunch.

Looks like this day is coming along great so far. Can't wait to hear about Epcot!

My favorites!!! They're the cutest!!!

KEVIN!! So happy you got to see her!!

How awesome that he was there!!!

That looks amazing!!! I love Homecomin', I need to try brunch.

Looks like this day is coming along great so far. Can't wait to hear about Epcot!
Homecomin was great highly recommend!

Following along. I kept intending to send you a text while we were there and try for a quick meet-up, but we were basically on the run the whole time and I just never managed it. Excited to read all about your trip though. I need to probably do a trip report of my own. Real life is keeping me away from my Disboard time lately! :D

Following along. I kept intending to send you a text while we were there and try for a quick meet-up, but we were basically on the run the whole time and I just never managed it. Excited to read all about your trip though. I need to probably do a trip report of my own. Real life is keeping me away from my Disboard time lately! :D
No worries I we are bound to see each other at Wine and Dine. I hope you guys had a great trip! Definitely can understand real life getting in the way.

Another TR! Awesome!!

We are DVC and have stayed at SSR a lot, and I have come to really like it. It is nice to come back to a beautiful, quiet resort after a crazy day in the parks! Also if you want to run in the morning before hitting the parks, its a great place to get in a few miles too!

Bummer that Space was down! Did they give you another FP to return another time?

I didn't know about the otters - they are one of my favorites! Looking forward to seeing those guys next time. Kevin looks really cool too - I guess she just wanders around? Looking forward to the rest of your TR!

Loving hearing about your trip. We usually do Southwest or Jet Blue from CT as they both have no stops and usually cheap flights. We can't wait to get back down to Disney at the end of Sept!

Another TR! Awesome!!

We are DVC and have stayed at SSR a lot, and I have come to really like it. It is nice to come back to a beautiful, quiet resort after a crazy day in the parks! Also if you want to run in the morning before hitting the parks, its a great place to get in a few miles too!

Bummer that Space was down! Did they give you another FP to return another time?

I didn't know about the otters - they are one of my favorites! Looking forward to seeing those guys next time. Kevin looks really cool too - I guess she just wanders around? Looking forward to the rest of your TR!

I agree! SSR is a great place for a more quiet relaxed vacation.

They did give me another FP but I didn’t end up using it.

Yeah Kevin comes out throughout the day and just wanders around Discovery Island and will walk towards Asia too near the bird show.
Loving hearing about your trip. We usually do Southwest or Jet Blue from CT as they both have no stops and usually cheap flights. We can't wait to get back down to Disney at the end of Sept!
I was just there and can’t wait to go back again!

Saying goodbye...

As I am sure many of you know Epcot will be going through a TON of changes in the coming years and many of the closures begin later this year. So this would be my last trip seeing many of these things before the walls go up.

The first thing leaving that I won't miss is the giant Leave a Legacy Monoliths. They have already started this of course and its amazing how open it is now.

IMG_4943.jpg

My first order of business was a ride on Soarin and everyones favorite flight crew member Patrick!

IMG_4944 2.jpg

After Soarin' over the world I headed back to the grand and miraculous spaceship up front.

IMG_4946.jpg

This image is fitting considering the 50th anniversary of the moon landing.

IMG_4953.JPG

Then I ventured off to Club Cool to get my soda fix before this closes and changes. There was no Beverly available while I was there.

IMG_4960.jpg

Next I headed into World Showcase. I grabbed a margarita in Mexico which ended up not being that great but I moved along to the America pavilion and caught the Guardians show. It wasn't bad but its so weird having this in World Showcase.

IMG_4962.jpg

After rocking out with Starlord I waited for the next Voices of Liberty performance. While I was waiting I saw some people going into Club 33. I wanted to sneak in behind them...

IMG_4964.jpg

I also went to check out the Liberty Inn before it closed later that week. In all my times at Epcot I had never seen this place.

IMG_4965.jpg

Then finally it was time for the Voices of Liberty!

IMG_4969.JPG

They are always a great time.

Continued in Next Post...

Saying Goodbye...

After listening to the Voices of Liberty I headed to France. I couldn't decide if I wanted any food here. I did end up with the orange slush though and that was really good.

IMG_4977.jpg

I headed back to the front and went into Mouse Gears, another thing going away. I found this Mickey can coozie.

IMG_4979.jpg

I then headed into Test Track via Single Rider. This is one of my favorite attractions in Epcot.

IMG_4980.jpg

IMG_5006.JPG

I was hungry so I ventured into Electric Umbrella of all places and just got some chicken nuggets. I know, how boring am I but I just couldn't decide what I wanted.

IMG_4982.jpg

Outside of Innoventions they have the playground still set up that was Toy Story themed but the theming has since been removed. They had some topiaries out too.

IMG_4983.jpg

IMG_4984.jpg

It then started to rain and I went for a place with cover. I ended up waiting in line for Frozen. It said the wait was 45 minutes and this was the longest wait in the park that day. I decided to wait. I would say I ended up waiting 35-40 minutes so a little lower than the posted time. Overall Epcot was pretty dead that day.

IMG_5007.JPG

The rain was still coming down after I rode and went into Innoventions another place that will close. This kid was climbing all over everything.

IMG_5009.JPG

The rain never really stopped but I wanted to do something so I headed for the Seas. I rode the attraction and then hung out in the post ride area for a bit.

IMG_5010.jpg

After the seas I had a decision to make. With the rain would I stay and watch Illuminations or venture elsewhere?

Up Next: Did I make the right call?

The first thing leaving that I won't miss is the giant Leave a Legacy Monoliths. They have already started this of course and its amazing how open it is now.

Totally agreed!!!

After listening to the Voices of Liberty I headed to France. I couldn't decide if I wanted any food here. I did end up with the orange slush though and that was really good.

IMG_4977.jpg

One of my favorite drinks in Disney!!

What a chill day in Epcot with low wait times! Looks like a great day so far in spite of the rain!

I grabbed a margarita in Mexico which ended up not being that great
Was this by chance their new strawberry margarita? I thought it sounded delicious but I ended up not caring for it at all. I switched to their classic margarita for the remainder of the trip.

Totally agreed!!!

One of my favorite drinks in Disney!!

What a chill day in Epcot with low wait times! Looks like a great day so far in spite of the rain!
Yes that drink was really good! Epcot was so amazingly empty for the day after the 4th.
Was this by chance their new strawberry margarita? I thought it sounded delicious but I ended up not caring for it at all. I switched to their classic margarita for the remainder of the trip.
I think it was the classic margarita actually. It just wasn't something I really enjoyed. I would get something else next time.

Next I headed into World Showcase. I grabbed a margarita in Mexico which ended up not being that great but I moved along to the America pavilion and caught the Guardians show. It wasn't bad but its so weird having this in World Showcase.
I agree it doesn't fit, but neither will the ride so...:rolleyes1

The rain was still coming down after I rode and went into Innoventions another place that will close. This kid was climbing all over everything.
And with no shoes, gross

Sounds like you had a good day saying goodbye to everything, I hope you stayed for Illuminations, although with the rain that's hard.

I agree it doesn't fit, but neither will the ride so...:rolleyes1

And with no shoes, gross

Sounds like you had a good day saying goodbye to everything, I hope you stayed for Illuminations, although with the rain that's hard.
I agree!

The rain was the biggest question.

Great update! Epcot is my favorite park to do if I am at WDW solo or with no kids. I am happy to just wander WS, watch performances, sip on a lil something, and go in the shops:cloud9:. Voices of Liberty are one of my absolute favorite shows anywhere in WDW!

I had no idea so much was going to change at Epcot - I knew about the changes to the entry plaza (YAY!), SE and Illuminations, but I didn't know about Mouse Gears, Liberty Inn, Club Cool or Innovations. I also didn't know that they had put a Club 33 there too!

Great update! Epcot is my favorite park to do if I am at WDW solo or with no kids. I am happy to just wander WS, watch performances, sip on a lil something, and go in the shops:cloud9:. Voices of Liberty are one of my absolute favorite shows anywhere in WDW!

I had no idea so much was going to change at Epcot - I knew about the changes to the entry plaza (YAY!), SE and Illuminations, but I didn't know about Mouse Gears, Liberty Inn, Club Cool or Innovations. I also didn't know that they had put a Club 33 there too!
Yes Epcot is definitely great to walk around solo. So much to do or see or eat/drink.

Epcot is going to be SOOO different in a couple years. The Epcot Club 33 has been open for around 2 years now I think. I need to find a friend to get me in lol.

Did I make the right call?

Well... I don't know if I made the right call or not but I did leave Epcot. I rode on the Toy Story Monorail to the TTC.

IMG_5013.jpg

IMG_5014.jpg

I ended up going to the Polynesian. I decided to check in at Trader Sams to see if I could get in there. It was over a 2 hour wait by the time I showed up though. It also wasn't really raining at the Poly. I am not sure if it did stop raining at Epcot in time for Illuminations though.

I wandered off to the beach and decided to watch Happily Ever After from there.

IMG_5019.jpg

IMG_5020.jpg

IMG_5022.jpg

IMG_5023.jpg

IMG_5024.jpg

IMG_5025 2.jpg

I had never viewed from this spot. Its not a bad spot and the music is piped in well. It was a relaxed viewing because I didn't have to rush out of a crowded MK. I then headed back to SSR and ended up just sitting on my balcony for a bit and ate my cupcake from the day before.

IMG_3052.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!