Summer 2009 CAT 12 - Your Opinion?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by NCDISFAM, Feb 9, 2009.

1. NCDISFAM

NCDISFAM Earning My Ears

We have been on 5 previous Disney Cruises and have managed to avoid high season on each one. This year however we are looking at the 7day Western on August 8. I called DCL directly yesterday and got the following quote -Two CAT 12 staterooms for 3 adults and 2 children, total fare $6224. Even though that sounds like a lot compared to what we have paid for off season cruises it looks pretty decent for an August cruise. To all of you other DCL regulars, how does that sound? I have until Friday to book. Should I go with it? Also, should I consider transferring to a TA to get stateroom credit? I prefer dealing directly with Disney but maybe it is worth moving the reservation for a couple hundred bucks. Thanks for your help.

2. TonytheWop

TonytheWop Mouseketeer

It sounds a little expensive compared to my 2 CAT 9 for 2 adults and 3 kids for $4950 less $150 OBC. :confused3
    I'm sailing Aug.29 Eastern.

3. NCDISFAM

NCDISFAM Earning My Ears

Yep, looks like we are paying $1000 more to go before school starts back. I guess this is supply/demand economics. Thats this issue when you have two kids in school, one in college, and a teacher spouse. Going later in August is not an option for us. Guess I will go ahead and book the $6224 fare. Looks like peanut butter and jelly lunches for the next couple of months...

4. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Let Dreams Unlimited Travel plan your perfect Disney vacation!

to hide this advert.
  5. stingmom

stingmom Got Dis?

we never pay more than $100p/p p/d, no matter which line we go on, including Disney. Your quote sounds a little pricey to me. Is the a phone in price or on-line? Sometimes you can get different quotes when you call. That is how we got an extra cruise this year. I was unable to get the Florida resident rate for the 4/4 sailing on-line, so I called DCL and they found me a room immediately. :yay: Good luck to you! Remember, if you don't ASK about discounts, you never get them!

6. TonytheWop

TonytheWop Mouseketeer

It sounds a little expensive compared to my 2 CAT 9 for 2 adults and 3 kids for $4950 less $150 OBC. :confused3
    I'm sailing Aug.29 Eastern.

7. Carlnne

Carlnne DIS Veteran

I am on the same cruise- one cat 11 for myself and 2 teens. It is pricey (over 4000) but like you - I have one starting high school and one continuing college (and I too am a teacher) so I could not sail any later than that date. We probably wont get the chance to travel much as they grow even older- so to me it will be worth it.