suggestions for september trip

bailey405

Earning My Ears
My family and I will be at DL for five days in early September. Last year we went to WDW and barely got by with a 4 day hopper pass. Any suggestions on appropriate number of days to dedicate to DL and DCA? We are leaning toward a 4 day pass.

Hi Bailey - we were be there in Sept too!

I like to allocate 2 days for DL and less than 1 day for DCA. We really enjoyed DCA, but you can definetly see it it in less than one day (similar to MGM Studios in WDW).

Depending upon what else you have scheduled in the So. Cal area, I would suggest a 3 day hopper instead of a 4 day hopper, then you won't waste any days. We went this past April and did DL the first day, DCA the morning/afternoon of the second day, then back to DL for the evening, then finished off our third day at DL again. The nice thing is you have hoppers and (unlike WDW) the parks are directly across from one another, like a 2-3 minute walk (if that) so you can go back and forth easily.

Good luck!
Susan

Question for Peter Pan Fan:

We will be there the beginning of Sept. also and were planning on purchasing a 4-day hopper. Do you really think that's too much time? We also planned on spending 1 day at Knotts Berry Farm. I've read mixed reviews about Knotts on this forum, but thought we would check it out for ourselves. Any other suggestions, should we change our mind and only buy a 3-day pass? Also, can you upgrade a 3-day pass to a 4-day pass after you have started using your pass?

We were there in May and had four-day hoppers. This was an appropriate amount of time, IMHO. The family really enjoyed DCA so we actually spend a day and a half there. On our last day we cut it short because we planned for a nice dinner at Hook's Pointe and then some drinks in Downtown Disney. Otherwise, we would have spent two days at DCA. Also, my stepchildren were tall enough to experience all of the attractions, so that helped.

And yes, we hopped between the two parks. We would do early entry at DL and then hop over to DCA. We bribed the kids with California Screamin. If they behaved we would go over to DCA and ride CS either before heading back to the hotel for a break or after our afternoon break even if it was a DL day.

<font color=navy>I think a 4-day pass would be nicer, but, if you had to, you could get by on a 3-day pass - a day for DL, a day for DCA, and a day to hop between the two (or combination thereof)

September it is! We will be at GC 9/9 - 9/11. We plan for one day at DL and one day at CA. Is our best option just a one-day ticket to each? If we don't plan to hop, I think the one day tickets are a bit less.

Can Disney make it any more confusing?

Hi Chloesmommi -

I guess its really up to the individual, factoring in how quickly you tour, etc. We are two adults with no kids, so we move pretty quickly and only take 1 break in the middle of the day. If you had kids, etc. I imagine you would need more breaks. We go to DL 2-3 times a year so we know what we like to see, etc. So, the 3 day hopper works for us. I would definetly call DL and check about upgrading. That would be the best solution, buy a 3 day then if you find you need a 4 day, you can upgrade.

Also, I can't confirm this, but I've recently read that the hoppers expiration has changed. They used to expire within 14 days of your first use, but now they don't expire for up to 2 years. If this is true, then get the 4 day hopper and if you don't use one day you can use it again in the future.

Good luck!
Susan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter