Suggestions for offsite hotel?

Figment78

Mouseketeer
I'm planning a quick weekend trip to IOA and Universal. When I went in October I stayed at the HRH, which I loved, but I am trying to cut down on costs for this trip. I will be going around March, from a thursday to sunday. Anyone have any ideas on a cheaper offsite resort close to Universal?

I haven't heard a bad word about the Clarion. You can get rates as low as $49 a night. The Holiday Inn across the street on Kirkman doesn't seem bad either. I think rates there start at $49 a night.

We're going to Universal in March, too (March 8-10). We've booked a suite at the Sierra Suites Pointe Orlando for $65/nt. on Expedia. We prefer a suite since there are 5 of us and we have teenagers. There's also a complimentary deluxe continental breakfast each morning. Good luck with your reservations!:smooth:

Originally posted by teachk2
We're going to Universal in March, too (March 8-10). We've booked a suite at the Sierra Suites Pointe Orlando for $65/nt. on Expedia. We prefer a suite since there are 5 of us and we have teenagers. There's also a complimentary deluxe continental breakfast each morning. Good luck with your reservations!:smooth:

Just curious, how was your stay at Sierra Suites-Pointe Orlando?

We have gotten a $30 rate twice on Priceline for the Wyndham I-Drive. We were very pleased with the accomodations. We only stayed there one night, each time, before we moved to the HRH, but it was quite nice with lovely grounds and pools.

Nan

Anyone know of an offsite hotel that offers free transportation to and from the hotel to USF? We originally had a 7 day dreammaker package staying on site with disney, and decided we might look into shortening it to a 5 day and doing the USF/IOA.. but we don't want to rent a car.............. we are looking at May20-21, which is during the week, however I have read on this site, something is going on because all the hotels on site are pretty much booked:(

Thanks for any info:p

Renee

Originally posted by DISNEYLOVER70
Anyone know of an offsite hotel that offers free transportation to and from the hotel to USF?

Hi, Renee:

Nearly all of the offsite hotels in the Universal area offer a free shuttle. The only ones I know that do not are the extended stay types, which are only a $3 cab ride away.

I would check Priceline and make a bid for a 3 star in the USF area. All of the 3 stars are great hotels and can be had for $25 - 40 a night. Check with www.biddingfortravel.com for information on how to bid.

Hi Robinrs!

Thank you for the info!! I will check that out now! Sounds like it should be a snap then to find a good hotel close by!

Thanks and have a great week!

Renee

Do not use Wellesley Inn (Universal). they are not a Wellesley chain hotel anymore. May be going by the name "Ampak, formerly Wellesly". AlthoughI have never stayed there, I have had lots of trouble just trying to reserve a room and receive a confirmation number and then a cacellation number when I tried to cancel upon (finally) getting a room at the RP (had been sold out).

we stayed at the holiday inn mercado at 8214 Universal blvd. It was very nice. Nothing fancy but it had two queen beds. refrigorator , microwave, coffee pot and the usuals. if you want the best rates for this hotel go to www.hotelmartusa.com I only paid 55.95 a night including taxes. hope this will help you. Also note there is a grocery store in a strip mall behind the hotel. If you want something a little nice i would suggest the embassey suites on jamacian ct. it is an all suite hotel. It came with two queen beds and a tv. seperate bathroom and vanity. As well as a seperate living room with kitchnette. We got free breakfast everymorning and from 5-7 there was a managers reception with free cocktails. And if I do recall when i stayed that last time. I paid for 5 nights and got the 6 th free. It does hurt to ask. My kids loved the half indoor/half out door pool. Mine was the jacuzzi especially after a couple of free drinks! Can't remember exact cost per night but try calling it anyway. You won't be sorry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter