suggestions for meals to share

cindykelley

Mouseketeer
We got a really good room discount so we're not using the dining plan. We plan on eating breakfast in our room and then mostly counter service. Both of our kids are light eaters so will be fine with kids meals. DH and I don't eat much either so we plan on sharing entrees when we can.

I know Cosmic Rays has a dinner with chicken and mashed potatoes that can easily be shared. Does anyone have other suggestions?

Any of the shwarma (sp?) platters at the Tangerine Cafe in Morocco at Epcot are large enough to share. Its basically a big gyro with a side of lentil salad and side of couscous. At AK in Pizzafari there is a pizza and salad meal that is fairly good sized. Overall I wouldnt worry too much about it, enjoy your trip and when people walk by at the CS, just look at what they have and decide if its big enough to share. Have a great trip!

We share just about everywhere. I eat off DH's breakfast plate at resort CS. Wolfgang Express @ DTD is a great place for sharing. Sunshine Seasons. Pizza Planet can be shared. You already know about CR's.

DD and I usually share most everything (burgers to creme brulee) while at WDW (DS and DH eat their own), so at sitdowns we ask for a second plate and at CS we make due by asking for another basket, etc. For us it's great being able to sample all the courses yet not walk around in a food coma:banana:

Any of the shwarma (sp?) platters at the Tangerine Cafe in Morocco at Epcot are large enough to share. Its basically a big gyro with a side of lentil salad and side of couscous. At AK in Pizzafari there is a pizza and salad meal that is fairly good sized. Overall I wouldnt worry too much about it, enjoy your trip and when people walk by at the CS, just look at what they have and decide if its big enough to share. Have a great trip!

I definitely agree with this - the meals at Tangerine Cafe are HUGE. I'd recommend getting the chicken & lamb platter - I think it's a couple dollars more than just a chicken platter but you'll get more meat & you'll definitely have enough for both of you to share. In the past, the food at the counter service place in Mexico was a good size as well, but I haven't seen what the portions look like since the renovation.

For MK, I recommend Columbia Harbor House. They have some different options and the meals are a pretty good size.

For AK, the Yaki & Yeti counter service meals were on the large side.

I don't usually get counter service at HS so I can't make any recommendations there....but hope the rest of this helps!

At DHS, there is Starring Rolls, they are huge sandwiches (in my opinion anyway) and my DH and myself can share one. We can also share a meal at Flame Tree BBQ. We also found the turkey legs large enough to share. At counter service places, you can order a double cheeseburger and either just eat 1 one the patty's or ask for an extra bun.

Definitely a lot of places where food can be shared. Don't forget to ask for a cup of water at counter service places. It's free. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter