Suggestions for diet/exercise plans

kdkbrebel

DIS Veteran
Hello,

I desperately need to lose at least 30lbs if not 50 lbs by our trip which is just 3 months away. Any suggestions for a good plan to follow?

Don't know what you are currently doing, but some thoughts...

Find an exercise routine that you enjoy and will maintain. It will not do you much good to start something that do not like, because you will eventually give up. If it is walking, running, bike riding, swimming, etc. Some sort of mix is probably good, walking and some strength training for example. Years ago I never thought I would like running. I tried it and became addicted.

Diet: Obviously limit sugary foods. Apples work great for me. They are very good for you, and actually help fill me up. Try not to eat out too much. Not really sure all the reasons why, but if I eat out several times in one week, my weight will jump up. I keep it under control better if I eat at home. Probably has to do with preservatives that are in foods restaurants purchase, as they are usually purchasing in bulk. Drink more water and skim milk. Stay away from soda, limit juices. I love oat meal for breakfast. Filling, yet not too high in calories.

Just some thoughts. Good luck.

Thank you for the tips. Unfortunately I have been one of those yo yo dieters. Probably due to the fact that am either very good or terrible. I don't seem to have a medium. I can usually stick to a diet and exercise plan for quite awhile but unfortunately when I cave its usually in a bad way and I continue the downward spiral. I think I would do better with plans that offer quite abit of variety instead of limits.

I understand. For me, it is easier to burn calories than to cut out calories. I like to exercise. I also like to eat, perhaps a little too much. When I go to Disney, I enjoy planning the meals far more than anything else. I look forward to the meals more than any of the rides.

Probably better to make some changes and adjustments in your diet as opposed to jumping on an all (fill in the blank) diet. Need to find a good exercise routine. At the end of the day, you need to balance what you are consuming against what you are burning.

I had been trying to lose weight for years, and only ended up putting more on. After the holidays, I was at the point where I needed to lose more than 40 pounds. I decided to join Jenny Craig, and it is the best thing I have ever done for myself. The first month I lost 10 lbs., and I feel that now I should lose about 2 a week. This is my 5th week and I have lost 12 pounds so far. The food is good, but it is alittle expensive, I feel it is well worth it.

When I am at my 1/2 way, I switch to 5 days their meals, and two days mine. I meet every week with the same person to see how my week was and to plan the next week.

Playing basketball can make you fit in 3 months for sure. I always get to shape if I go to play basket with guys from neighborhood.
No need to know to play, just to move a bit. For me is more important to get muscle strenght back than to loose weight after winter sitting.

I had some great success with Weight Watcher in the past. That was attending meetings, even better if you get a friend to go with you. But you can also meet new ones there.

I can't afford the meetings and haven't been able to for some time. I have tried the cheaper option online but don't do as well with it. Not much accountability for me others find enough that way. Same is true with the FREE sparkpeople.com I have to get back active on there and journaling my food.

What works for me with food is planning even if its only day by day. I don't tend to stick to a week menu as I just don't feel like having some foods on the day it was scheduled.

With exercise I tend to do better when I'm a member to a gym if I make the time to go I actually do it because what else would I pay for a membership and go for if not to exercise. Nothing else to do there. The paying keeps me accountable because I've put the money in and gonna get my use. :rolleyes1

Good luck! Sounds like it needs to be total lifestyle changes though. That's the way it should be anyway. If we make them new habits instead of a plan or diet it will last a lifetime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter