Successfully DOWNGRADED Universal tickets from Airmiles!

Donald - my hero

<font color=blue>Aww yes. The dreaded "mouse hand"
We redeemed AM for a total of 4 adult 2 day park-to-park tickets at Universal Orlando.

Presented them at Guest Services and asked to downgrade to single day park-to-park tickets. I had previously sent an e-mail and received a call telling me I would be able to get the difference on a gift card. 1st set no problem, the girl we dealt with was efficient and quickly gave us a gift card with $212.98 on it (Yes, you read that number correctly!) We did this outside the park entrance before using the tickets.
2nd set we exchanged at a guest service kiosk just outside the MIB attraction after the tickets had been used to enter a park and also netted a gift card for $212.98

Since it took a bit of time we also ended up with a total of TWENTY single use express tickets.

SO we paid the $20.00 to park the car and ended up with all of the following for FREE
4 adult admissions park-to-park
3 t-shirts
1 pair PJ pants
1 wand
1 chocolate wand
several keychains and pins
2 mugs
4 frozen butterbeer
2 hot butterbeer (YUCK)
2 ice cream (HUGE!)
4 quick service lunches
1 family feast at the 3 broomsticks + a baked potato and MORE butterbeer

And we still have $28.17 on one of the giftcards!!!

Anyone interested in doing the required Airmiles Math to figure out the actual value??

We redeemed AM for a total of 4 adult 2 day park-to-park tickets at Universal Orlando.

Presented them at Guest Services and asked to downgrade to single day park-to-park tickets. I had previously sent an e-mail and received a call telling me I would be able to get the difference on a gift card. 1st set no problem, the girl we dealt with was efficient and quickly gave us a gift card with $212.98 on it (Yes, you read that number correctly!) We did this outside the park entrance before using the tickets.
2nd set we exchanged at a guest service kiosk just outside the MIB attraction after the tickets had been used to enter a park and also netted a gift card for $212.98

Since it took a bit of time we also ended up with a total of TWENTY single use express tickets.

SO we paid the $20.00 to park the car and ended up with all of the following for FREE
4 adult admissions park-to-park
3 t-shirts
1 pair PJ pants
1 wand
1 chocolate wand
several keychains and pins
2 mugs
4 frozen butterbeer
2 hot butterbeer (YUCK)
2 ice cream (HUGE!)
4 quick service lunches
1 family feast at the 3 broomsticks + a baked potato and MORE butterbeer

And we still have $28.17 on one of the giftcards!!!

Anyone interested in doing the required Airmiles Math to figure out the actual value??

That's fantastic!! You're MY hero, lol!

I had no idea you could downgrade the Universal Park to Park tickets!! We'll have 3 couples/6 adults going in February 2018. So far we've gotten five of the WDW 5 day passes (have to wait to get the sixth pass until the Canadian resident sale is over because the sixth person is a US resident).

We're planning on going to Universal for one day during our stay, and are hoping to get enough additional airmiles to cover at least three of the Universal 2 day passes, thinking this way, each couple is only paying for one person.

Reading your post though, hopefully we can downgrade our passes to a one day park hopper, and use the credit/gift card on the remaining admissions we won't have passes for - do you know if the gift cards can be used for admission, or just food and merchandise? Either way, it's a win!!

Last edited:
Any idea if we can 'downgrade' the WDW 5 day passes too?! We only need 3 days, but took advantage of the Canadian resident promo...

That's fantastic!! You're MY hero, lol!

I had no idea you could downgrade the Universal Park to Park tickets!! We'll have 3 couples/6 adults going in February 2018. So far we've gotten five of the WDW 5 day passes (have to wait to get the sixth pass until the Canadian resident sale is over because the sixth person is a US resident).

We're planning on going to Universal for one day during our stay, and are hoping to get enough additional airmiles to cover at least three of the Universal 2 day passes, thinking this way, each couple is only paying for one person.

Reading your post though, hopefully we can downgrade our passes to a one day park hopper, and use the credit/gift card on the remaining admissions we won't have passes for - do you know if the gift cards can be used for admission, or just food and merchandise? Either way, it's a win!!
From their gift card FAQ's
upload_2017-1-30_23-46-51.png

Don't forget that i had sent an e-mail and received both a phone call and email response that i had with me if needed. I wouldn't want you to go on my word that this will work for you and end up with some people not having tickets. I would still get one for each person and then treat the money as a bonus if you get it!

From their gift card FAQ's
View attachment 217937

Don't forget that i had sent an e-mail and received both a phone call and email response that i had with me if needed. I wouldn't want you to go on my word that this will work for you and end up with some people not having tickets. I would still get one for each person and then treat the money as a bonus if you get it!

Once we have the passes, I'll send an email asking about changing the two day park hoppers to a one day park hopper.

I was pretty sure the WDW passes are as is, but thought I'd ask.

Thanks!

Nice job Duck.
So a quick look on the AM site and the 2dayb/b is 2425AM. So lets just round up and say that is worth $250can.
If you got back over $200US, you in effect walked in the park for free, or as you put it got the rest of the stuff for free.
Looks like a great deal. Hope it stays for at least another year, not going this year.
Enjoy.

Last edited:

Sorry early am, math just warming up. Checked UT web site and a park to park is approx $245us, one day is $155. So I thought you were getting the $200 rebate for each ticket,,,WOW,,,but no. I now assume that it was for a pair of tickets(2). Still a great deal and the way to go. Even if you were planning to do 2 days, I think I would want to do this twice and not worry about any other expenses.

That's awesome! Something to think about for our next trip. Although with the new waterpark opening chances are we would want more than 1 day.

Any idea if we can 'downgrade' the WDW 5 day passes too?! We only need 3 days, but took advantage of the Canadian resident promo...
Technically the answer is no but twice now I've been refunded for a leftover day on my tickets. I went to Guest Relations and asked if there was anything that could be done with the single day that we were unable to use. They gave me a refund on my credit card. I know it was just luck that I got a CM that was generous. I was hoping that I could get a separate ticket for a single admission and was willing to pay the difference if they offered.

They gave you the correct amount back which is the difference between the gate values of the 1 day park to park and the 2 day park to park plus tax.

The 2 day park to park gate value is $255 and the one day is $155.

I just tried this and was told no since the air mile ticket is a third party and hold no value...I know that it wasn't a sure thing but I'm quite bummed :(

Phenomenal! I was thinking we would skip US this year since there is no way we would have enough AM for 4 passes and definitely wouldn't want to have 4 days there (with current AM tickets offered), but now if we can get even one AM ticket and then use the value of that towards the tickets we actually want?? I think that may put US back on the table for us! And not to mention the excellent perk of so many express passes! Hope you used them well!!

I just tried this and was told no since the air mile ticket is a third party and hold no value...I know that it wasn't a sure thing but I'm quite bummed :(

Did you call, or are you there now?

I emailed and then a CM called me back. She said that down-grading the ticket shouldn't be a problem and that I could do it either at a kiosk before entering the park, or one in the park. The only caveat was that any monetary refund would be on a Universal Studios gift card, not cash.

Phenomenal! I was thinking we would skip US this year since there is no way we would have enough AM for 4 passes and definitely wouldn't want to have 4 days there (with current AM tickets offered), but now if we can get even one AM ticket and then use the value of that towards the tickets we actually want?? I think that may put US back on the table for us! And not to mention the excellent perk of so many express passes! Hope you used them well!!

it's very possible that you'll get some value for one of the current air miles US tickets, but i might be cautious about how much you'll actually get. The tickets are good for 4 days, but they're marketed as "2 days with 2 free days." so i would imagine the value of the ticket will be close to a single 2 day ticket. i'd be a bit nervous to arrive with a single, 2+2 day ticket with the hopes it's value covering most of the admission costs for 4 people.

it's very possible that you'll get some value for one of the current air miles US tickets, but i might be cautious about how much you'll actually get. The tickets are good for 4 days, but they're marketed as "2 days with 2 free days." so i would imagine the value of the ticket will be close to a single 2 day ticket. i'd be a bit nervous to arrive with a single, 2+2 day ticket with the hopes it's value covering most of the admission costs for 4 people.

Very true, yes, I assume the same, so certainly won't plan for it all to be covered, but with the gate prices, a 2-day ticket will help alleviate some of the sting! I have 2 kids coming, so were debating if they are too young to really enjoy it, so this way we can wait until closer to decide, after we see how many AM we can rack up in the next few months!

Just upgraded Air Miles Universal tickets to Seasonal Annual passes.

The old tickets (2 day) upgraded for $10 each (the girl actually charged us $10 for the two since she was a Canadian too!!)

The new Air Miles ticket cost nothing to upgrade to a Seasonal Annual pass.

Just upgraded Air Miles Universal tickets to Seasonal Annual passes.

The old tickets (2 day) upgraded for $10 each (the girl actually charged us $10 for the two since she was a Canadian too!!)

The new Air Miles ticket cost nothing to upgrade to a Seasonal Annual pass.
Whats the advantage of the SAP if your only going for the 2 or 4 days? Free parking? anything?
We would only be going the one time maybe next year as an add on to the 5 day Canadian Disney tickets

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter