substitute ground sausage for ground meat??

bunny213

DIS Veteran
Hi all...
Can ground sausage meat be substituded for ground hamburger meat in recipes??? :confused3 We've been given lots of it and I need some recipes ... I also have lots of eggs and cheese. I have the recipe for the breakfast casserole and we love that...but what about other recipes, do you have any for dinners??
My grandchildren love stuff like tacos, sloppy joes, speghetti and such....so that's why I'm asking.
Didn't I see somewhere on the site that there is a site where you can list the ingredients you have and then pull up a meal to prepare?
TIA Barb

sure, we are having stuffed peppers tonight and I used sausage instead of ground beef.

One of my kids favorite meals we call skillet. I fry sausage, potatoes, onions and peppers together and when its cooked, I add a dozen eggs that have been scrambled and a handful of cheese. I have been making this for 30 years, long before restaurants started doing it!

You can definitely substitute the sausage in your spaghetti. We always use sausage in ours. One thing that we like is dirty rice. You buy the mix at the store. either zatarran's or tony sacheries (SP?). we like tony's best. use a pound of sausage. we actually use a pound of sausage to two boxes of meat. makes for a really cheap dinner.

Sausage Balls:
2 c biscuit mix
1 pound sausage
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

mix all ingredients. form into 1 inch balls, place on cookie sheet and bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.

these freeze well. then all you have to do is throw them in the microwave for a minute or two.

When I make chili I use 1/2 beef and 1/2 sausage. Stuffed peppers was already mentioned. Yum!

If you have a real lot I would get an italian sausage recipe and make a bunch of patties to freeze. They are great on the grill in a roll, etc.

You can definitely substitute the sausage in your spaghetti. We always use sausage in ours. One thing that we like is dirty rice. You buy the mix at the store. either zatarran's or tony sacheries (SP?). we like tony's best. use a pound of sausage. we actually use a pound of sausage to two boxes of meat. makes for a really cheap dinner.

Sausage Balls:
2 c biscuit mix
1 pound sausage
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

mix all ingredients. form into 1 inch balls, place on cookie sheet and bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.

these freeze well. then all you have to do is throw them in the microwave for a minute or two.

Oh my, that sounds delish. I think I might have to try these really soon.
Thanks for sharing.

Ground sausage will have more flavor becuase there's more fat. yum!
Just be sure to drain it good or your food will be greasy.

We have not eaten beef in several months now. I will say that ground sausage works ok in tacos and spaggetti. Can't tell the difference really

My mother used to make sausage like hamburgers--like a half pound patty. They were really good. She served various vegetables with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter