STVS vs Disney Video Services....

MEME

Mouseketeer
For those of you whom are still trying to decide whether or not to use an outside vendor for your video services, please read the response below.

I booked Stan (STVS) services some time ago, but after reading a thread from a very disappointed Disney bride regarding her Disney Wedding Video I decided to email Stan with a question regarding the 2 cameras & angles that come with his packages...... see below

I said:

"Switching gears, I would like to confirm that you actually do try to capture the 'main moments' and 'special moments' alike? From your demo videos, it seem as you don't miss a wink, however, I've been in recent conversations with some very disappointed Disney brides, as their ceremony included some very special moments that weren't captured by their vendor/Disney.

So, I would like to ask you:

1. Does your 2 camera ceremony coverage, actual mean that you will get different angles of different spots (including us and our guests)?

2. Or does it mean that we will get 2 camera coverages on the same spot (just us)?

Thanks in advance for the clarification."

Stan from (STVS) responses:

Hi Michele,

The problem with Disney video is that they are using one minimum wage technical person to operate 3 robotic cameras and a video switcher. One person can’t do all of that very well.

That being said, weather it is Sunset Pointe or the Wedding Pavilion, I get shots of the two of you, your guests, parents, bridesmaids, groomsmen. Camera two, in the back is meant to get close-ups of the both of you, wide shots of everyone walking down the aisle, plus medium shots, etc from the back.

The reason I don’t use a tripod for my camera is that I’m always looking for something emotional happening with the guests, i.e. parents crying etc. To get those shots I may have to move a foot to the left and quickly zoom in and focus in a matter of a few seconds. I can’t do that with a tripod.

What it comes down to is that I worked for FOX Television in Sacramento California for 25 years as an editor and cameraman, and I’ve had the wedding video business for 20 years. I only do 80 weddings a year, not 2000. I hope it shows.

Do you think it would be helpful for brides to see a full length ceremony on my website. I think that would definitely help answer all of their concerns.

Talk to you soon!

Stan

*****Hope this is good info for those brides needing clarification*****

Mommy Poppins said:
Can someone give me the link to Stan's video site?

http://www.stvsweddings.com/gallery/

There's the link. Stan is a great guy. Everyone commented on how friendly he was. He simply went about his business without interferring in any way. He was bang on time and had a lot of running around to do to ensure he got the footage of the Cinderellas Carriage and then get back to the pavilion to get the arrival.

He sent us a sample DVD before we booked him and you can see how he cleverly uses the 2 camera concept. He also says that the static camera catches the "formal" aspect whilst he dashes around all over the place to get the interesting shots.

There was a small blooper from the Minister, calling my wife Lou-Ann instead of Leeann. Stan told us not to be concerned as he can simply dub in the correct name and no-one will notice !!

Highly recommended, although we have yet to receive our final video as we only just got ack from the wedding !!

I just wanted to chime in and say that Stan did an absolutely fantastic job with our video. He definitely captured all the special moments (and edited out our mistakes like DH trying to put my ring on the wrong finger, LOL) and used a variety of angles. I have seen Disney Video’s demos and we weren’t impressed with their ceremony coverage due to their camera system. We thought it looked too limited. STVS is truly wonderful, and we couldn’t be more pleased with him as a vendor.

Just wanted to add my .02 -- One of my biggest concerns about the entire day is that DH and I didn't know how to dance so we did the old slow circle dance. I knew it would be mind-numbing to watch (particularly on video) and mentioned it to Stan. He said when he was done, we would look like Ginger and Fred. :) Well, I can't say that happened, but he did do a great job on getting close-ups during the dance which had some very touching moments and it wasn't nearly as bad to watch on video as I'm sure it was in person! He was really fantastic to work with and even sent us an "out take" of some raw footage when DH's best man was embarrassed for the 2nd time that day. I really can't say enough about Stan - he was awesome to work with and probably the best money we spent that day (well, except for the dessert party!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter