Stupid Question- what is subscribing?

grumpy28

DIS Veteran
Hey all. I have been reading these boards everyday since discovering this great site a few weeks ago, but I do have a quick question. What does it mean when in the middle of a thread someone posts "subscribing" or " i've gotta subscribe". .........TIA :)

Subscribed threads can be located through the quick links at the top of the page. You would subscribe to threads that you want to monitor or look at later again, and do so without looking through pages and pages of titles (and you don't have to remember which forum that thread was on.

BUT you don't have to post to subscribe (there is a link at the bottom of the posting page to subscribe). Just click on the thread tools (again at the top of the page) and add the subscription.

Personally, I have my subscription page bookmarked, and that is the first page that I go to when I come on to the DIS>

Is that as clear as mud? :rotfl:

I'm amazed at how many posters don't realize they can just subscribe by going to "Thread Tools" and "Subscribe to this Thread" and that they never even have to post at all to keep track of the thread.

Once you subscribe to a threads, you can keep track of them in your User CP. They will all be listed there. That is also what I have bookmarked and where I go to first thing in the morning and several times a day.

It drives me crazy when I'm subscribed to a thread and I see there's a new post on it and I go there to read it only to find it's one of those "just subscribing" posts. :scared:

OMG! I didn't know about these options....I just went into my subscribing folder ( I didn't even know I had one ) but it had stuff in there from 2002! I wondered how folks could so easily find go back to the post they responded to or posted....All this time.... :idea:

Thanks for telling us that. I didn't realize I could subscribe from the "Thread Tools". You learn something new everyday. :goodvibes :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter