Stupid ? about CC

PrincessMer

Mouseketeer
Hi!

So I have a potentially stupid question regarding Castaway Cay.... where do you put your room key and ID when you want to go out in the water? Do you just leave it with your towl and shoes and hope that no one takes it? Do you bring a waterproof ID holder so you can take it in the water with you? It will be just my and my husband and I'm sure that we will both want to be in the water at the same time, so I'd rather not have to just have one of us wait with the stuff while the other person goes in the water.

Sorry, for the dumb question!

Meredith

We just leave our stuff at our spot. I don't feel so disturbed by the idea at the adult only beach. We usually have a nice secluded spot where there aren't loads of people everywhere. We looked at these lockboxes that you can lock to your beach chair but it just hasn't seemed necessary.

We have gone for years....we just leave stuff under a towel on our chair, with sunscreen and a book on top. There are Disney workers walking the beach, and we don't take anything valuable, no one really wants your room key id and lanyard....it wouldn't do them much good!!!

I thought about this in regards to passports.... do people keep their passports locked in their cabins? I can see that at CC, but on excursions I would assume you bring them, so what if you go swimming there?? I don't feel comfortable leaving them on the beach unattended, but can't imagine taking turns swimming.
:confused3

We normally put ours in a waterproof case with a neck strap but we have passport cards so they fit nicely... let's us go in the water and enjoy CC without worrying about leaving our ID's behind at the chairs.

I just bought the Dry Pak Alligator Wallet for $8 at REI because I know my mom will not feel comfortable leaving that stuff on the beach while we are in the water. It looks like the Dry Pak Belt Pak is big enough to hold a passport.

We normally put ours in a waterproof case with a neck strap but we have passport cards so they fit nicely... let's us go in the water and enjoy CC without worrying about leaving our ID's behind at the chairs.

This is exactly what we did (only we have passports, not the cards.) :goodvibes

I just bought the Dry Pak Alligator Wallet for $8 at REI because I know my mom will not feel comfortable leaving that stuff on the beach while we are in the water. It looks like the Dry Pak Belt Pak is big enough to hold a passport.

Small dry pack from REI around my neck - - - - holds just the KTTW card - that's all you need on the island plus drivers' license. Passport locked in safe on the ship.

We put our passports in the safe when we board and don't take them off to ports with us. I know some do but I think the odds of us losing them on an excursion are higher than us actually needing our passports there.

As for CC, we leave our stuff in a tote bag and no one bothers it. Cameras, etc. There's no need for cash; anything bought at She Sells... is charged to room key just like on the ship.
Everyone at CC is busy having fun, just like us! Maybe naive POV but can't help it.

I thought about this in regards to passports.... do people keep their passports locked in their cabins? I can see that at CC, but on excursions I would assume you bring them, so what if you go swimming there?? I don't feel comfortable leaving them on the beach unattended, but can't imagine taking turns swimming.
:confused3

Small dry pack from REI around my neck - - - - holds just the KTTW card - that's all you need on the island plus drivers' license. Passport locked in safe on the ship.

Yes, but if someone wanted to bring their passport with them, the small dry pak is not large enough. The PPs question seemed to be about taking their passport with them on an excursion at another port, not just Castaway Cay.

We never take oour passports off the ship until we disembark on the final day. We have sailed to the eastern and western Caribbean as well as the Bahamas. The only thing we take is out key to the world card and our driver's license as photo id. I would worry about losing as well.

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone! I feel much better about leaving my stuff on the beach at CC. I can't wait to go!

Meredith

Awhile ago on this board I saw a thread on beach lockers, which were basically a lockbox that you could attach to your lounge chair when at the beach to secure your belongings. I tried googling for it but I can't remember the specific name/brand. Anyone recall this?

I would feel okay w/leaving our passports on ship while on a DCL excursion. If we go on our own though, it seems we should have them in case something goes wrong. But then, I would be worried about them being taken as well. I don't know.

Awhile ago on this board I saw a thread on beach lockers, which were basically a lockbox that you could attach to your lounge chair when at the beach to secure your belongings. I tried googling for it but I can't remember the specific name/brand. Anyone recall this?

I would be interested in finding out about this, as well.

The lock box is a interesting idea. I never thought about it before. We also have left our stuff covered on our chair while we were in the water and have never had a problem. Left passports on boat in safe.

You don't *need* your passport in port. You can take a photo copy with you as well as the ship's agent information for the port of call. If you have any problems, you can call the ship's agent. If necessary, they will retrieve your passports from your cabin safe (say in the case of a medical emergency) and bring them to you. If you miss the boat, the agent can assist with that as well. But I know many people take their passports with them when they go into ports.

On CC, you don't need your passport at all. Not even a copy. Everything is Disney-run, and the ship is right there. Just your KTTW cards and your phot ID (driver's license) if you are over 18.

I have left my beach bag with cameras, keys, etc. on my lounger many times at CC and have never had a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter