Stuff Aussies like

That female kangaroo comes back to my property and my neighbours every year with her joeys :)

We're going to be devastated if anything happens to her - her name is Mama - my neighbour named her lol.

See, I would have named her "Kimblebee" and the joey "Low-Key".

Then when they came around, I'd get drunk, look out at them, and say, "Oh look! It's Kimblebee and Low-Key! Wonder if there on topic today?"

Then I'd laugh and laugh and drink some more. .

I don't want a skunk anymore.

Send me a bear and a squirrel and the deal is done.

Alive or dead? I come across squirrel roadkill just about every week. Bears not so much (i.e. never). Would you prefer a brown bear? They're a lot more menacing than black bears. Black bears have all the goods (size, strength, speed, claws, teeth) needed to be unrepentent killers except but don't have the attitude. A brown bear won't even back down from a polar bear.

How about a turkey for an emu? We have plenty of turkeys around here. Not the odd-looking escaped domesticated bird with white feathers (apparently this means the skin doesn't have black spots) and oversized body parts, but the wild kind with mostly brown feathers.

Alive or dead? I come across squirrel roadkill just about every week. Bears not so much (i.e. never). Would you prefer a brown bear? They're a lot more menacing than black bears. Black bears have all the goods (size, strength, speed, claws, teeth) needed to be unrepentent killers except but don't have the attitude. A brown bear won't even back down from a polar bear.

How about a turkey for an emu? We have plenty of turkeys around here. Not the odd-looking escaped domesticated bird with white feathers (apparently this means the skin doesn't have black spots) and oversized body parts, but the wild kind with mostly brown feathers.

ALIVE.

21. Australia is home to the longest fence in the world. It is 5,614 km long, and was originally built to keep dingoes away from fertile land.
22. Australia was one of the founding members of the United Nations.
23. Melbourne is considered the sporting capital of the world, as it has more top level sport available for its citizens than anywhere else.
24. Before the arrival of humans, Australia was home to megafauna: three metre tall kangaroos, seven metre long goannas, horse-sized ducks, and a marsupial lion the size of a leopard.
25. Kangaroos and emus cannot walk backward, one of the reasons that they’re on the Australian coat of arms.
26. Speaking of, Australia is one of the only countries where we eat the animals on our coat of arms.
27. If you visited one new beach in Australia every day, it would take over 27 years to see them all.
28. Melbourne has the world’s largest Greek population outside of Athens.
29. The Great Barrier Reef is the planet’s largest living structure.
30. And it has it’s own postbox!
31. The male platypus has strong enough venom to kill a small dog.
32. And when the platypus was first sent to England, it was believed the Australians had played a joke by sewing the bill of a duck onto a rat.
33. Before 1902, it was illegal to swim at the beach during the day.

#21 About this fact fences are far better than WALLS. i love fences. Eh! :teleport:

21. Australia is home to the longest fence in the world. It is 5,614 km long, and was originally built to keep dingoes away from fertile land.
23. Melbourne is considered the sporting capital of the world, as it has more top level sport available for its citizens than anywhere else.
24. Before the arrival of humans, Australia was home to megafauna: three metre tall kangaroos, seven metre long goannas, horse-sized ducks, and a marsupial lion the size of a leopard.
25. Kangaroos and emus cannot walk backward, one of the reasons that they’re on the Australian coat of arms.
26. Speaking of, Australia is one of the only countries where we eat the animals on our coat of arms.
27. If you visited one new beach in Australia every day, it would take over 27 years to see them all.
32. And when the platypus was first sent to England, it was believed the Australians had played a joke by sewing the bill of a duck onto a rat.
34. A retired cavalry officer, Francis De Groot stole the show when the Sydney Harbour Bridge officially opened. Just as the Premier was about to cut the ribbon, De Groot charged forward on his horse and cut it himself, with his sword. The ribbon had to be retied, and De Groot was carted off to a mental hospital. He was later charged for the cost of one ribbon.
35. Australia has 3.3x more sheep than people.
36. Prime Minister Harold Holt went for a swim at Cheviot Beach, and was never seen again.
37. Australia’s national anthem was ‘God Save The King/Queen’ until 1984.
38. Wombat poop is cube shaped! This helps it mark its territory.
39. European settlers in Australia drank more alcohol per capita than any other society in history.
40. The Australian Alps receive more snowfall than Switzerland.

#21) Fences are better than WALLS! I love fences, Eh! :teleport:

See, I would have named her "Kimblebee" and the joey "Low-Key".

Then when they came around, I'd get drunk, look out at them, and say, "Oh look! It's Kimblebee and Low-Key! Wonder if there on topic today?"

Then I'd laugh and laugh and drink some more. .

I see the way it is. You don't tag me and then you just sneak this comment in here, hoping I won't see it..

34. A retired cavalry officer, Francis De Groot stole the show when the Sydney Harbour Bridge officially opened. Just as the Premier was about to cut the ribbon, De Groot charged forward on his horse and cut it himself, with his sword. The ribbon had to be retied, and De Groot was carted off to a mental hospital. He was later charged for the cost of one ribbon.
35. Australia has 3.3x more sheep than people.
36. Prime Minister Harold Holt went for a swim at Cheviot Beach, and was never seen again.
37. Australia’s national anthem was ‘God Save The King/Queen’ until 1984.
38. Wombat poop is cube shaped! This helps it mark its territory.
39. European settlers in Australia drank more alcohol per capita than any other society in history.
40. The Australian Alps receive more snowfall than Switzerland.

Regarding #21, have you seen the movie Rabbitproof Fence?

I see the way it is. You don't tag me and then you just sneak this comment in here, hoping I won't see it..

Honestly, I don't know how the tag thing works. . . :confused3

And besides, it was a tribute to you!! Why wouldn't I want you to see it!

:)

Honestly, I don't know how the tag thing works. . . :confused3

And besides, it was a tribute to you!! Why wouldn't I want you to see it!

You do it like this @ then type someone's name (with no space) you'll get a list and you can choose the person you want to tag. Then they'll get a notification that they're tagged, like you'll get for this @King Schultz

Yes I have, several times.

A national shame :(

It's an amazing movie, I watch it every once in a while. The fact that it's based on a true story blows me away. No country is perfect though. Canada had similar schools..

It's an amazing movie, I watch it every once in a while. The fact that it's based on a true story blows me away. No country is perfect though. Canada had similar schools..

Sadly, it isn't a case of 'had' in Australia.

I really cannot say much more because it'll head into politics, you can google stuff like 'Stolen Generation', 'Close the Gap', and of course the latest 'Dondale'.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter