Studio Ghibli movies??

Tink-n-MrIncredible

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know where I can find some Studio Ghibli movies (Howl's Moving Castle, Castle in the Sky, etc..) for a reasonable price? Can anyone recommend some other good Japanese anime movies to watch?

I bought my DD's these movies for Christmas from Amazon. They had the best prices at the time. Spiritied Away, Ponyo, Fullmetal Alchemist - just about any Hayao Miyasaki film. Oh also Naruto.

I adore Totoro. Cutest movie EVER.

I just saw that one at Walmart for 19$

I loved Howls Moving Castle. I just saw that one last week. Laughed so hard.

You know you may want to look at a Hollywood Video. They are closing their stores. I looked at mine but the guys say that people check them out and don't return them so they end up buying them.

I saw at least 4 Studio Ghibli movies at Target this past week, and I know they were under $20. :thumbsup2

If you liked My Neighbor Totoro and Kiki's Delivery Service, I highly recommend the newest film, Ponyo. It is absolutely ADORABLE (and you'll have the theme song in your head for DAYS! FYI: it is Rated G.) Hayao Miyazaki is the Walt Disney of Japan, and Ponyo makes that very clear.

And if you have room for one more, get another classic, Porco Rosso!

It depends on the age of the person and what genre of films do they like before I'd recommend an anime. However, for some really good sales and usually cheaper than most anime, I would recommend www.rightstuf.com. That's where we usually shop and have always been happy with them. Their sales sometimes are amazing. They always have some kind of sale going on and it changes every few weeks. We have an extensive collection of anime and are always on the lookout for more.

Miyazaki films aren't always cheap but they are good. Howl's Moving Castle, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, My Neighbor Totoro and Ponyo are my favs.

Now if you have Cartoon Network, every Saturday night they have anime like Bleach, Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Big O and Inuyasha. All good titles but they are edited for television. You can usually tell how much is cut out by the number of commercial breaks in an episode. Disney XD has Naruto Shippuden which is edited to the max but still gets the story across.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter